Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Tank swap and other questions

Has anyone recenty changed out the FG fuel tanks in a 34C for Poly? I'm trying to put a budget together for this project. Any advice, photos, etc. are welcome.

Has ethanol gas become a problem in the Long Island area?

Re: Tank swap and other questions

Has ethanol gas become a problem in the Long Island area?
    Well Capt I see you joined us 6 months ago and I am wondering where you been do a search and you will see it was L.I and CT that was first.
    I just finished putting the deck back in a 34C last month. We put in aluminum since you can't get a large poly with baffles. 200 gallons plus of fuel sloshing around back there is not a good thing. Some people think its ok but I feel they have been putting baffle's in since they started making tanks for a reason. I know of lots of boats that are still in the process of what to do.

We have even posted some prices but you don't know for sure until you cut into the deck to see if it is wet. The one I just did was a total redo!!!!

I will see about getting some of the pictures!
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Re: Tank swap and other questions

I have seen your work on EOTL II... WOW!

Your right I didn't take the time to search to posts. I'll do that to get up to speed. The reason I am asking is I am looking for a 34 and there are a few up in the LI and CT area that have been on the market for a while. I had been loking for a 41 but came to the conclusion that I really didn't need that big of a boat and the a$$ociated head ache$.