Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Air Compressor Problems- Help!

Hello to all of you from beautiful Rhodes, Greece where the boating season never ends.

Found LADY NTINA in one piece and still floating but my engine mounted air compressor decided to quit producing. Do any of you had similar experience and what was the cause of failure and how did you fix it? Without it I can't blow my horn! Your help will be appreciated.

CapetaniosG

Re: Air Compressor Problems- Help!

Throw it away and buy a cheap 110V compressor. Plumb it into the boat's air tank, and live happily ever after.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

Check your motor on the compressor to see your amps draw so when you buy your new one your still in line for your generator amp draw amounts
    but Dave is right toss it and get a new one they are cheap around $ 100.00
    CARL GUZMAN Worrying is interest on a problem that has not yet occurred
    2002 Endeavour Catamaran 44
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

It may just be the regulator on the end of the compressor. That's the cylindrical thing. Sometimes they tend to stick when they get old and you get no pressure when that happens. It's probably a Bendix regulator so try a local truck stop or truck repair facility. They should have a replacement.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI