Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Eliott Key get together Columbus Day Regatta

this may turn out into a mini HOF rendezvous...

Columbus Day Regatta at Eliott Key, october 7 / 8...

Plans would be to anchor out friday evening thru monday (or sunday afternoon for those who really have to work on monday). I don't like to be right in the midle of things at CDR, just on the edge and dinghy around is fine.

So far we have Angela, myself, Maynard and Mario if they make it down in time, Carl, who else ?
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

2. Re: Eliott Key get together Columbus Day Regatta

Hey Pascal, one boat or another, I'll be there even if I have to come down on one engine! And yes, I will have my water cannon!

I think it's always a good idea to warm up before the big game.
    Last edited by administrator; 09-18-2006 at 03:08 PM.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

Re: Eliott Key get together Columbus Day Regatta

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal
    So far we have Angela, myself, Maynard and Mario if they make it down in time, Carl, who else ?
    I'm pretty sure I'll be down there with 101, probably coming in Saturday mid-afternoon and pulling out sometime Sun PM. I'm hoping I can get somewhere close to where you guys are anchored up, but who knows. I guess as we get closer to the event, perhaps we can talk up a protocol for how to find one another down there.
    -- Paul

I think it would be cool if we could all come in at once like a parade of boats , but I know its logisticaly imposible. Randy you know you got an invite on my boat if yours is ka-put, And I'll have a nice long wooden plank screwed down for you in the event you drive us crazy Maybe we can all park close and fly some Hatt Flag ? forum flag or maybe Hatteras Club flag?? Or park in a big circle and put Randys boat it the middle load the water canons the fun will soon begin....
    CARL GUZMAN Worrying is interest on a problem that has not yet occurred
    2002 Endeavour Catamaran 44
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

Quote Originally Posted by Paul45c
    I'm pretty sure I'll be down there with 101, probably coming in Saturday mid-afternoon and pulling out sometime Sun PM. I'm hoping I can get somewhere close to where you guys are anchored up, but who knows. I guess as we get closer to the event, perhaps we can talk up a protocol for how to find one another down there.
    Why don't we all add a secondary channel to our VHF scan list....say 68 or one of the other high power channels, though we'll want to check and see what the ops channel is for the actualy regatta I hear they run that weekend!

We'll have a Hatteras burgee and burgees from a couple of yacht clubs on Sanctuary, but somehow I think several of us together will be pretty obviouse in that crowd.

I like Pascal's idea of "living" on the fringe of the event and using the dinghy to go explore the real silliness. That's was our plan as well. Since we're not going to be in the middle of the mess, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting in and out.
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

Quote Originally Posted by egaito
    Why don't we all add a secondary channel to our VHF scan list....say 68 or one of the other high power channels, though we'll want to check and see what the ops channel is for the actualy regatta I hear they run that weekend!
    68 is a pretty popular ship-to-ship, just like 72. And who knows whether the early birds down there will even be near the vhf just when another Hatt arrival comes in? I'm honestly not even sure how many boats to expect; i've always heard it's pretty impressive, but no specifics. If I remember correctly, Pascal said that there should be cell coverage down there. If so, maybe the ones committed to going can throw their numbers onto this thread or PM them or something.

We'll have a Hatteras burgee and burgees from a couple of yacht clubs on Sanctuary, but somehow I think several of us together will be pretty obviouse in that crowd.
    Yep, 101 will be flying a Hatt burgee from the bow pulpit.
    I like Pascal's idea of "living" on the fringe of the event and using the dinghy to go explore the real silliness. That's was our plan as well. Since we're not going to be in the middle of the mess, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting in and out.
    Strong ditto on that. I had visions of getting too deep in to even get out until Monday noontime! Either that or some yahoo dragging anchor into my nice paint. No thanks.

Sounds like too much fun. Let's hope for great weather.
    -- Paul

we can use 68 or 69 and exchange cel phone nrs before. Cel phone coverage was much better last time i went there, my internet connection was up instead of being spotty before.

last couple of years, most of the "action" was little further off shore, off the northern beach and U-dock. we anchored between the concentration of boats and shore, 5' at low tide. in light wind, it's ideal... if the wind picks from the west, I dont' like being too close to shore obviously...

we'll see how it go...

I have a 1510 burgee that i occasionly fly at the bow.

most boats leave sunday afternoon , few stay into monday. we will this year though... Columbus day observance is on the decline...

picture from 2004 :

Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

And People say Block Island is crazy on July 4th Looking at that its child play. What is the Big Draw?????
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

it's always a popular anchorage, it's only 14 miles south of downtown miami. clearest water on this side of the stream...

it started as a regatta, a big one, although now the power boats outnumber the sailboats and they are now anchoring further north. i don't know what the big draw is... really... just a reason to hang out with friends i guess. water gun fights are the popular thing... cruising with the dinghy and fighting with others...

a little childish... but fun.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

10. Re: Eliott Key get together Columbus Day Regatta

Hey guys (and girls) I think the cell phone route would be best for contact info for getting together. Hey, I'm not shy, my number is 865/617-6212.

I would really like to meet as many of you as I can down there just to prove I'm not some three headed monster who has his mind set on changing your way of life!

As always, feel free to tell me to stay the hell away if that's how you feel!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com