Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Windschield wipers air pressure

Anyone familiar with repairing or maybe replacing windshield wipers on 53HatMY? I have air going to my port wiper but she will not operate ? Not familiar with air pressure service can they be rebuilt, replaced ? Also considering replacing with electric. I have 32volt in overhead console right next to wipers. I would probably be better off converting to 12volt or 24volt if I went electric, but if I converted I would have to cap off all copper air lines in console . Any one with experience in this area, I would appreciate feed back. Thanks.............CaptwoodyB........burritts@veri zon.net

Re: Windschield wipers air pressure

Check for an old post. Someone in Florida had there's rebuilt sometime last year and posted the place fore repair. If my allege mind remembers.

BILL

These wipers were not only used on boats, but on intercity buses as well. You may want to look at Bus Trader magazine as I think there are still some brand new units available. I know Eagle bus and Flexible both used them and the Flexible brand is still made in Mexico, I think, under another name using the same old design and technology from the 60's.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I had mine rebuilt by Abshier Manufacturing 9961 Brookside Court Avon, Indiana 46123 Ph= 317-271-0711 Did a nice job-approx $50.00 ea as I recall.
    While we are on the subject-Has anyone else had a problem with the condensation getting to the wiper motors and dripping out of the boxes that houses them? I have a typical water separator located after the air tank-but am still getting water at the motor. Any ideas??
    Thanks
    Ben

Also have the air controls repaired.
    Dana Abshier rebuilt one of my motors and also did the control (about $20 for the control and $75 for the motor). June 06.
    I still had slow movement of the blade. The blade was 18" I think and after I cut to 14" and centered the blade it works good.
    The water washer control was leaking and I removed from the bottom, just untighened and it came out. Put a new O ring in and it works great.
    Kerry
    Kerry Alexander
    Diamond Sun
    !969 50MY