Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hatteras 34

Re: Hatteras 34

For the shape it appears to be in , 28k is a good deal.

I looked at the interior shots and i like the wood work in the salon, possibly it covers up water damage but it does look good. the galley and forward cabin are ugly with all the formica and the "cat house" looking material covering the forward bulkhead and sides. but that stuff is easy to fix. Tile floor would have to go. way too heavy for a small boat and transmitts noise.

On the positive side if the engines and gen are as advertised that is good. and the fact that the outside has not been glossed over with a paint job to cover problems is also good. At least you can see what you have. If you take a series of digital photos and send me a disk, I would be happy to review and make comments. I can send you a disk of what my top side repairs looked like so you can get an idea what could be in store.

Hey Rob

Forgot to mention in email that does not look like the original frig they were brown same as stove!
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Thanks guys.

I know the boat would be work over time and thats not a problem. I just don't want a boat and have to put a ton of money into just to be "useable".

As I said, I like doing a lot of work my self. But when it comes to major things, I can mess up more than I can get right.

Just from my once over, lots of switches didn't control what they were supposed to. Things were cross wired everywhere. Also, the top station steering didn't work. Don't know if it was no/low fluid or what. It had hynautic steering. Also, one of the starboard side windows was cracked. It looks hard to replace. How are these replaced?

The broker didn't know what all was new or old. He knows the engines and genset are new and everything else listed on yachtworld. He said he would find out the local yard that did all the work and get back to me.

This boat sounds like a lot of headache for not much boating time...maybe you could find something that offers less work, and more boating. Just a thought.

Jim, that may be the best advice. We'll see.