Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 43DC vs 43 MY

1. Re: 43DC vs 43 MY

Yup. The refrig in our 1973 also faces forward, but we also have clasps for the refrig door and the freezer door as we have had them open up one time due to a HUGE WAKE when anchored one day.
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

2. Re: 43DC vs 43 MY

Tom,

You outta take a look at my 41DC. I was on a 43 a while back, and they are very similar in layout (liked mine better) and have the same beam. My custom enclosure would give you that flush deck look you are fond of.

Mine with gas engines will run circles around a diesel 43 and get better fuel economy at cruise. At least this would be the case if other 43's run out like the guy's did in Chattanooga that I boarded. Mine's a freshwater only creampuff.

I'm looking at a bigger boat, and winter is closing in on TN, so I'll make you a heckuva deal if you're interested. I'll even deliver it to you if you buy the fuel! Check out the post on this site and give me a yell.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com