Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Windshield wiper fuse on 1976 43 DCMY

Where is the fuse on the starboard wiper on a 1976 43 DCMY?

Re: Windshield wiper fuse on 1976 43 DCMY

FREESTYLE I'm seen double with your post but I guess your in a storm and you really need your wiper I'll do my best. I would say you have two electrical panals one is a/c and the other d/c look in the d/c one for a triped breaker maybe disguised as ( labled ) bridge electronics, bridge lights? I'm perty sure there's not a fues in the unit. but thats a quik guess. or open the back side of where the switch is and sometimes you'll find a smaller fues panel there with small round fuese like gauge lights etc.
    CARL GUZMAN Worrying is interest on a problem that has not yet occurred
    2002 Endeavour Catamaran 44
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

Or two DC panels, one with the AC and another on the starboard side of the boat in the middle (for and aft) of the main cabin area. Don't know of any fuses unless it is visible in the wiring right next to the wiper motor. Check the print. That will tell you what it is grouped with.

Ted

There is a fuse block in the bottom of the electrical locker in the aft cabin on my 43’ DCFB. The electrical locker gives access to the back of the AC/DC panel under the ladder between the aft deck and the salon and is accessed through a back panel in the midship hanging locker. I don’t know if any of the fuses are for the wipers or not.
    Will

5. Re: Windshield wiper fuse on 1976 43 DCMY

On my 1973 43' DC there's also a separate breaker panal on the starboard side of the saloon just forward of the fold out book shelf that is for the instruments only, that include my wipers (all 3 of mine are connected together so either they all run or none of them do) so maybe you have a bad wiper motor.
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

My 73/43DC has the wipers on a DC breaker in the main AC panel under the steps going down into the main solon. It is at the bottom of the panel in the 12 volt DC section.

BILL

Quote Originally Posted by Will
    There is a fuse block in the bottom of the electrical locker in the aft cabin on my 43’ DCFB. The electrical locker gives access to the back of the AC/DC panel under the ladder between the aft deck and the salon and is accessed through a back panel in the midship hanging locker. I don’t know if any of the fuses are for the wipers or not.
    Will
    Yep. On the starboard side of the Master SR locker midships sit 3 windshield wiper fuses labeled 49-1, 49-2, 49-3. I pulled out my Owners Manual with original schematics, pulled the right fuse, replaced, and all is well.

We all say it a lot, but to find neatly labeled wiring that matches the drawings on a 30 year old boat is a treat. Combine that with access to this knowledge base along with Sams Marine and it is really possible to think I will own my 30 year old boat another 10-15 years.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce
    Freestyle
    43 DCMY
    Tampa