Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Off topic: Steve Irwin "Crocodile hunter" is dead

Carl It was in the news paper, but I can't remember the right year. It was the early 60s like 63, 64. I used to hunt and camp where the air port is now. Had an old swamp buggy. I fished off the pier when it was longer. It used to be a Submarine tie up during the war. I will look for the pictures. They may have a date on them. Maybe my Mom remembers. I also worked on a shark boat out of Marco Island. When there was only an old rickety wood bridge to get on the island and one building.

BILL

Hey man when ever you ,come down is cool with me we can take off and have a good time see you soon you old native,,,, carl...
    CARL GUZMAN Worrying is interest on a problem that has not yet occurred
    2002 Endeavour Catamaran 44
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

Wow, I remember that old wood bridge as a kid. I rode out there with my grandfather. It's hard to believe it now that it is so built up around there. But I guess everywhere in Florida is like that. You guys down there have a whole building up in the time it takes us just to get a permit to build up here.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY
    But I guess everywhere in Florida is like that. You guys down there have a whole building up in the time it takes us just to get a permit to build up here.
    Tell me about it...you'd never know there was any real estate slowdown in Florida or anywhere in the country judging by my street. We had all these classic 1-story ranch style houses in my neighborhood, and at least two per year get toppled and rebuilt with megahouses on a street of about 25 homes. If I had a quarter for every nail or screw my car and truck tires have picked up on this !@#*$ street! It's gotten to the point that I can plug a tire quicker myself than drive it to a tire shop. I once performed a plug repair for my impatient teenaged daughter in 4 mins. before she headed off to school. Maybe Randy should give ME that Earnhardt shirt for being a good pit crewman!

Typical demolition to completion time for a megahouse around here (typically about 6500 sq. ft.) is about 5 mos.
    -- Paul

I'm also a builder here but I don't build many 1-2 year too much time and red tape so I mainly stick with Real-estate but now with the slow down it's gonna get bad and building is typicly 1-2 years behind real-estate so i feel by 2007 everything will slow down If the news / surveys can stop bashing Naples then maybe I'll make it thru if not I may be down sizing to a 50 trawler
    CARL GUZMAN Worrying is interest on a problem that has not yet occurred
    2002 Endeavour Catamaran 44
    NAPLES, FLORIDA