Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Re: Off topic: Steve Irwin "Crocodile hunter" is dead

We catch a LOT of rays here in the St Johns River... (NOT the size that killed Steve) mostly 1-4 lbs ones, but they DO have the stinger.... They can sure pull the drag though. I will unhook them, using plyers if just hooked in the mouth, otherwise, they can keep the hook.
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

2. Re: Off topic: Steve Irwin "Crocodile hunter" is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Paul45c
    you can easily avoid getting stung if you know how to walk.
    Hey JB, that's what I'm afraid of. Seems like when I visit your part of the country, I have a hard time walking right.

I can see the local Roane County News headline now: "Local Businessman Killed By Stingray Enema While Walking Drunk On FL Beach".

Say something nice about me at the urology, would ya?
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

3. Re: Off topic: Steve Irwin "Crocodile hunter" is dead

Quote Originally Posted by CARL GUZMAN
    CHICKENBIRD you got me all confused slow down read the post and then reply you got me thinking theres three attacks now?? one at atime there bubba
    Okay LRC, read the posts again, slowly, with your language conversion book, and stick out one finger for every attack you read about.

1. Steve Irwin, messing with things he shouldn't have been messing with, dead.

2. Old dude minding his own business gets harpooned in the chest while on his boat, nearly dead.

Now, here is the confusing part, don't add up the numbers in the columns, or you'll get yourself confused again. It's 2, not 3. Comprendo amigo?
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com

Re: Off topic: Steve Irwin "Crocodile hunter" is dead

Quote Originally Posted by FREEBIRD
    Wow, that is bizarre! You posted this while I was responding to the previous post about Steve Irwin.
    Ok lets review Jaxfishgyd brought the thred from the dead at 4:21 you replyed at 4:37 and again at 4:43 I think you read the first part of his thred and then you posted and then read the second part of his thred and posted again I think your double dippen
    CARL GUZMAN Worrying is interest on a problem that has not yet occurred
    2002 Endeavour Catamaran 44
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

5. Re: Off topic: Steve Irwin "Crocodile hunter" is dead

Quote Originally Posted by CARL GUZMAN
    Ok lets review Jaxfishgyd brought the thred from the dead at 4:21 you replyed at 4:37 and again at 4:43 I think you read the first part of his thred and then you posted and then read the second part of his thred and posted again I think your double dippen
    El slowo downo large amigo. The original thread started with Steve Irwin's demise. While I was typing my two cents worth, the post about the old guy got posted. When I saw that one, I put in two more cents.

Now, let's recap. Two attacks, one dead, one wounded, four cents.

Comprendo Bubbamigo?

When I lived in Naples Fla. back in the 60s. They caught a ray off the city Pier. It took over 24 hours to land it. They had a team of people taking turns at the rod all through the night. They needed a tow truck to haul it off the beach. It weighed almost a ton. If they would have caught it today it probably would have been a world record. I don't remember the stinger size. I do have a picture some were. I don't know what they did with it. It was big.

BILL

Hay thats my back yard ..I live In Naples let me know if you can't find it if it was in the paper I may be able to find it , I've been here sence 1969...
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

Last week at a downtown St Pete marina, A gator leaped out of the water and tried to get a Labrador retreaver a lady was walking. He missed and the gator is now a handbag. But geez between a bullshark killing a man swimming off his dock a couple miles from here, now gators charging the dock.
    Then Bills monster ray story, I am afraid to go near the water!

you havent heard of nothing yet we have had so many attacks lately from alligators it's crazy two ladyes got eaten in the everglades and a lawn maint. guy fell off his tractor and meany dogs got eaten? and a guy swiming in his salt water cannal ,finally they are alowed to hunt them now ????
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

10. Re: Off topic: Steve Irwin "Crocodile hunter" is dead

It is called entering the "Food Chain", it is amazing how out of touch we get with reality. Wild animals are still king, unless you keep a sharp lookout and are packing a .44 magnum. Darwin is still at work. Just like the Duke (John Wayne) says:"life is tough, it is tougher if you are stupid" LOL
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com