Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Onan Generator

Onan Generator

Well I think I got about 90% o the generator problems fixed with the exception of two bad injectors. Here’s the problem, I can’t find any injectors for this little Cummins. I am up in Michigan and I have contacted two local Cummins shops give them the part number for the nozzle and related parts and they both tell me that the number is obsolete. So they give me a “new” part number from an updated manual but checking that number it refers back to the first number which again says obsolete. So I thought maybe I good just get them rebuilt but they don’t sell the rebuild kits for them anymore! Any suggestion where I can get my hands on some injectors?

Chris
    Superior Nights 53C

Re: Onan Generator

Oh i forgot, its a 15kw 1980 model

I just ordered some parts from this place using the old part numbers for a 76 6.5 mcck, gas. You could give them a try. www.m-and-d.com/onan_parts.html. Good luck.

Just google Onan xxxx injectors. The are people selling pumps and injectors for $150!!

Boatdiesel.com has a seperate section just for Onan generators and a ton of info.

Lastly, there is no reason to use a local Cummins dealer who can't help. I buy parts from the Albany, NY dealer and they always crossover the old numbers and UPS them out. Expensive, but what can you do?

Ted

Yeah, up here in Ct the local Cummins dealer "conveniently" is not extremely helpful with the old Onan stuff. They try to convince you that the whole unit is basically obsolete and you should upgrade.

I've found the whole Cummins infrastructure in the Northeast to be way less than desirable. It warms my heart to have the old DD's purring in my engine rooms.

K

Try GDL in Connecticut; 860 388 9183
    Al

Chris,

There is a diesel injection shop in Potterville, MI. I think it is called Diesel Equipment and their phone is 517-645-7684. I have had many old injection pumps rebuilt by them. We still run an old Duetz on a water pump and some other old diesels. They have always come through with a solution. Give them a call.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Chris,
    Contact Leo at Bridgeway-Cummins Saginaw. 989.752.5200
    They just rebuilt my injector pump and both injectors on my 1978 7.5kw Onan.
    Mike Stailey
    1978 43 DC/FB