Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Researching Old Boats

In the late 70's-early 80's, I lived aboard a 42' (?) Hatteras Sport Fisher. The boat was purchased new by my uncle around 1978 +/-. He was since passed, so I have no Hull I.D. #. The boat was named the "Nancy Marie II" from Stone Harbor, NJ. I wonder if anyone has any experience finding the whereabouts of a boat they were formerly connected with such scant information that I provided. Thanks in advance for your feedback! You'll help with some great memories of my childhood/teens!

Re: Researching Old Boats

I think that you can do a search on older documented vessels by name. I know that you can do current. If you can get the doc #, you're there, because they stay with the vessel. If it was never documented, it will be tougher.
    do a google search on coast guard vessel documentation it will give the website

The boat Nancy Marie II has no current record with the NVDC. If you know a new name, that could possibly help in the search.

Hatteras or SAM's may have records of original owner data. It may help if you know what dealer she came from. Good luck!

5. Re: Researching Old Boats

Quote Originally Posted by MuckSavage
    In the late 70's-early 80's, I lived aboard a 42' (?) Hatteras Sport Fisher. The boat was purchased new by my uncle around 1978 +/-. He was since passed, so I have no Hull I.D. #. The boat was named the "Nancy Marie II" from Stone Harbor, NJ. I wonder if anyone has any experience finding the whereabouts of a boat they were formerly connected with such scant information that I provided. Thanks in advance for your feedback! You'll help with some great memories of my childhood/teens!
    This topic came up a week or so back. You may be able to find the hull number on removable drawers etc. as is the case on my '65 41DC. If you just need verification on exactly what you have (which was the case with the other fellow who needed wiring diagrams), look at the brochure archives on this site. This will identify what you own, and you can then contact Hatteras directly to obtain whatever specifics you may need.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

The numbers under the drawers and other parts are not the hull# but the production number. every piece of removable wood on mine and all drawers have 34c 116 on them but my hull # is 322. 322 is confirmed by the wood plate mounted under the deck in the engine room and also is in the owners manuel.

7. Re: Researching Old Boats

Quote Originally Posted by 67hat34c
    The numbers under the drawers and other parts are not the hull# but the production number. every piece of removable wood on mine and all drawers have 34c 116 on them but my hull # is 322. 322 is confirmed by the wood plate mounted under the deck in the engine room and also is in the owners manuel.
    Not to step on your toes, but the numbers on these parts do correspond with the hull number on my boat and others, according to Jennifer at Hatteras. It may not be the case on your boat, or his for that matter, but it was just a suggestion on where to start. I don't have a hull number anywhere else on my boat that I know of.

Quite frankly, I don't see how anybody finds themselves in the position of not knowing their hull number given registration and insurance requirements for this information.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com

Well, until I found the hull number on a plate stuck in the engine room in our boat, the only "hull number" I had was one that was apparantly assigned by the Coast Guard. That number was on the documentation and the state registration when I bought the boat.

It would help keep threads concise and helpfull if everyone would read the original post carefully and gain comprehension before posting replys. The original dude was quite clear. He has no hull number, he has no drawers or other artifacts and he certainly does not currently have possession of the boat! What he has is an old name, some dates and I'm sure the location of the boat at that time. Sorry, not enuf coffee yet.
    Gary

10. Re: Researching Old Boats

Quote Originally Posted by GaryNW
    It would help keep threads concise and helpfull if everyone would read the original post carefully and gain comprehension before posting replys. The original dude was quite clear. He has no hull number, he has no drawers or other artifacts and he certainly does not currently have possession of the boat! What he has is an old name, some dates and I'm sure the location of the boat at that time. Sorry, not enuf coffee yet.
    Gary
    Hey Gary,

This is a prime example of why I don't drink coffee!

But, you know, you're right! I for one didn't even catch that this guy doesn't have the boat! Oh well, I am neither paid nor debited for posting replies. No harm done.