Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Re: I'm off to Detox...

Congrats and welcome back to the funny farm!

You should be very proud of what you have accomplished. A very close friend of mine didn't make it. After detox and the prescriptions were cut off, he found replacements on the street. Cheating his business partners and friends, stealing, and rationalizing....it's ruined his life and he doesn't even know it.

All this started with a back injury.....

God bless and good luck.
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

Glad you are back. As a relative newcomer to this site, I have read a number of your threads..Looking forward to more...Welcome back!
    David Lewis
    MIMI, 2006 54C
    Washington, NC

Welcome back to real life again. I have missed your input over the last few weeks and look forward to "hearing" what you have to say again.

Enjoy your life without the drugs that probably made you feel worse than you should have after the surgery.
    Dwayne

Hey, Traveler, always happy to have a 45 guy back online. You definitely sound like you've got the right approach to the whole thing, mainly because you took stock of the problem before it really became a problem. I had a brother who didn't make it. No one ever realizes how serious a sprial their life can take in the earlier stages. Way to go, buddy. Glad to have you back.
    -- Paul

Hi Traveler,
    I didn't catch the thread till now about your trials and tribulations, otherwise I would have sent you a note, also. So glad you made it thru, and remember, ONE DAY AT A TIME! Once addicted, it is so easy to fall back; but from your posts I feel I know you, and you have the strength to keep up your great work! Good Luck!
    Norm Mayer
    aboard Runaround Sue

Quote Originally Posted by egaito
    You should be very proud of what you have accomplished. A very close friend of mine didn't make it. After detox and the prescriptions were cut off, he found replacements on the street. Cheating his business partners and friends, stealing, and rationalizing....it's ruined his life and he doesn't even know it.

All this started with a back injury......
    Thanks for the kind words (brought tears to my eyes, really!). I never did cross that line by getting them on the streets. I always knew that would be really, really bad. I hate hearing that about your friend, I realize I was on that same path and very well could have ended up in the same place. That has scared the **** out of me. I can relate to the rationalizing though, I was there. I didn't know how messed up I was getting 'till it was pointed out to me and I was in the frame of mind to listen.

Your right about your friend, he really doesn't know what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynec
    Enjoy your life without the drugs that probably made you feel worse than you should have after the surgery.
    Dwayne
    Your right about that.

Congats. on your accomplishment. Keep focused and remember we are all here to help you in any way we can. I look forward to hearing and learning from more of your posts, Chris.
    ________
    Last edited by administrator; 08-31-2020 at 12:16 PM.

I think it’s time I close this thread and put it to bed. This and the many PM’s that you all have sent will be printed and kept in the journal I wrote while I was “in there”, and when I need a lift, they’ll be there for me to look at and remember how great you all have made me feel.

It was a very difficult time for me both before and now after detox.

I can’t thank you all enough for the kind words of encouragement that you all have so graciously sent me, and when I think of how you all took the time from your busy day when ya’ didn’t have to do, it makes this thread that much more special to me.

You all have helped me feel proud when I was feeling pretty bad about what I did and many times tears came to my eyes when reading your posts.

Your kind words will always serve to remind me of friendship and how very valuable we are to each other. You’re all a great group of humans and I’m so happy to have had the pleasure of cyberly knowing you.

I cannot put into words how much your support has helped me get through this. With all sincerity, thank you. And if any of you are ever nearby Pensacola please look me up. I need to shake your hand.

Perhaps I should rename my boat, “Therapy”?

10. Re: I'm off to Detox...

Yo, Yankee Boy, welcome back. Yeah, I'm still here, and I'm going through some withdrawals of my own (Hear I Go Again).

Check out the thread by Tird Hatt about the Destin get together. Maybe I can take you up on that previous offer for free Yankee Beer after all.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com