Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I'm off to Detox...

On Mon I'll be checking-in to get off the prescription narcs that I have been on for about a year now (back problems, surgery). Yea, I know this isn't Hatt related, except I won't be on my Hatt or enjoying this Forum for a few weeks.

I can't bring my laptop so I won't be able to check-in with you guys like I do. I'll be in withdrawal of that! I don't know how they'll get me off of that addiction.

See ya' and take care. I'm gonna' have a lot of catchin' up to do when I get out.
    Last edited by Traveler 45C; 08-17-2006 at 03:46 PM.

Re: I'm off to Detox...

GOOD LUCK, Traveler. Those 'script drugs can be real hell to get off of. I had a friend that played hell with them after his back surgery. We all wish you the best! BE STRONG and when you feel like CRAP, just think of the good times past and future on your Hatt!

good luck !
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Best of luck in your campaign to rid yourself of unwanted drugs.

5. Re: I'm off to Detox...

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdHatt
    GOOD LUCK, Traveler. Those 'script drugs can be real hell to get off of. I had a friend that played hell with them after his back surgery. We all wish you the best! BE STRONG and when you feel like CRAP, just think of the good times past and future on your Hatt!
    Couldn't have said (or spelled) it better myself. Good luck, Yankee Boy. Get yourself cleaned up and we'll play pin the tail on the yankee when you get to feelin' better. Just make sure to find yourself a good southern doctor. They're used to helpin' folks with addiction problems, even those who are imports.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

Best of luck to you!!

Good Luck Traveler!
    Pat Bustle
    Palmetto, Florida
    1984 38 Topaz Express "Aranmore"
    Broker, United Yacht Sales
    Visit My Website

Fair winds and following seas for this difficult period.
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)

Drugs? I don't get it. Gettin' off of them is easy - After all, re drugs, Nancy Reagan said, "Just say no!"

Seriously, best wishes for a complete recovery! The Admiral broke her shoulder a few years back and had to deal with the same issue. Fortunately, she was successful, as you will be. But I hope you don't curse as much as she did!

We'll be waiting for you!

Best wishes for a speedy return!