Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
    spartonboat1 Guest

Looking for 43'MY Seat Box

The fiberglas box on which the captains chairs were mounted was removed from my '72 43'MY before I bought her and had been lost/sold by the owner.

I am looking to buy a replacement box. Have found two, but for some strange reason they would not sell. One just sits in a garage. Go figure.

Oh, well, got one? Drop me a note.

Quincy Leslie
    Battle Creek, MI

DLCameron2 Guest

Seat Boxes

Hey Quincy.....how come you didn't reply to my radio call to you on August 7th at Mackinac Island. You were within "shouting distance". Don Cameron "Christine's Phantom" 53EDMY (MSU WMBA 2001)

spartonboat1 Guest

Mack Isle Negatory Response

Don: Man, I am very surprised that I did not respond. I think I had several parties on board and we just drifted into and out of the Harbor. But I always have my radio on...very surprising I did not pick up on your call...very sorry I missed it.

Curious about your ride. Over Labor Day I was talking to a 53'MY who had just run across the Straits from Mack Isle and he was all wet. He said because of the round chines they tend to be "wet" even though they have great knockdown power due to the weight.

I find the 43'MY will ride well into a sea...I ran into 4-5' seas this spring at about 13knots...making the waves fly quite a bit, but not a rough ride.

So now you need to tell me about your 53'!

Quincy

BEC53 Guest

HEY SPARTAN FANS!!

I have a 53EDMY as well, hull #759. Currenty in Boyne City. Wintering at Grand Isle this year. MSU MBA also. Anyone attending the ND game this Sat? Let me know and I'll look you up.