Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Bluesky Guest

53' Hatteras USCG Documentation

Hi,

I need a little help. I am going for my USCG masters and I have a lot of sea time on a 53' hatteras. The boat was documented but is has since been sold and the owner has lost all of his records. I am looking for the USCG listed length, width, depth, and tonnage for the 53' hatteras. If anyone has a USCG documented 53 it will be shown on your documentation.

Thanks,

Len

adaily3224 Guest

Documentation

Try this link, you may be able to look up your old paper work. www.st.nmfs.gov/commercia...ssel2.html

TD

Bluesky Guest

USCG Documentation

Thanks,

But you need the present name of the vessel to use the search at that link. The boat has been sold and re-named and I don't know the name. The USCG also provides a serched based upon the documentation number...but I don't have that either.

eze2bme Guest

Documentation Number

If the vessel was properly documented, then the documentation number should be mounted or engraved somewhere inside the vessel ... mine is in my engine compartment and has been engraved into the wood and painted so as to be plainly visible.

Bluesky Guest

USCG Documentation

Thanks,

But like I said I served on the boat some time ago. The boat was donated approx. 7 years ago and we (the former owner nor myself) have any idea who bought it, where it ended up, or the new name of it. The former owner also has no records of the documentation number of the vessel.

I'm just trying to get Length, Width, Depth, and Gross tonnage stats to submit with my sea time for my master's.

eze2bme Guest

Documentation

Go to this website: "www.st.nmfs.gov/commercial...ssel2.html" and type in "Honey Girl" ... she's a 53 Hatteras in the Chicago area.

Bluesky Guest

USCG Documentation

Thanks so much.

Exactly what I needed.

captwoodyb Guest

Documentaion

Greetings. I can't tell from the posting what your date of posting was. Hope you got your info. I own a 53 FBMY. Documented Vessel with a coveted COI for commercial passengers. This info right off her documentaion papers:
    length 53.1....Gross Ton 39GRT Net tonnage 31NRT....
    Breadth 15.8.....Depth 7.0

Her keel was laid in Nov 1972

Hope this helps you. Capt Woody

Re: Documentaion

Quote Originally Posted by captwoodyb
    Greetings. I can't tell from the posting what your date of posting was. Hope you got your info. I own a 53 FBMY. Documented Vessel with a coveted COI for commercial passengers. This info right off her documentaion papers:
    length 53.1....Gross Ton 39GRT Net tonnage 31NRT....
    Breadth 15.8.....Depth 7.0

Her keel was laid in Nov 1972

Hope this helps you. Capt Woody
    hmmm...mine shows 53.7, 16, 7, and 60,000

Re: 53' Hatteras USCG Documentation

The things you find on the interwebs......

Is the current mind hive more in agreement on the gross tonnage of a 53' ?
    Last edited by oscarvan; 10-16-2020 at 02:56 PM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay