Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
    captwoodyb Guest

cradle 11 foot boston whaler 53 my

Need to replace the cradle for my 11 boston whaler on my 53 fbmy. Curved base makes rebuilding tricky. Any ideas .............thanks woody@charteryacht.com

BEC53 Guest

CRADLE

I've got four small aluminum stands with adjustable rubber pads for my tender. I had an 11 Whaler on them, but now I have a RIB. They work really well and are adjustable to just about any hull angle.

captddis Guest

cradle

I have a set of aluminum cradles for a whaler off of a 58 MY. I think they are for a 13' Whaler not sure how close the 11' would be. Will sell cheap. Dave

captwoodyb Guest

cradle

Sounds like a good idea. My dingy is mounted on the flybridge behind the railings (typical on a 53) is that the way yours is ? Where did you find the aluminum stands ? Are they the standard boat yard variety used after a haul out ?

captwoodyb Guest

Re: cradle

Thanks to both of you for the response. Dave .....I suspect the 13 footer would be close enough. How much would you sell them for ?

BEC53 Guest

STANDS

The stands were on my 53edmy when I bought it. Look like the yard stands, except much smaller and made to screw down to cabin top. I suspect you could find them at BoatUS/West Marine or similar marine supply store.... Or maybe they came from the davit company when the davit was installed a few years ago.

captddis Guest

cradle

How about 150.00 for both.

captwoodyb Guest

150.00 It's a deal. Where are you located ? I can arrange to pick them up or send you a company check or corporate amex over the phone....whats your preference ? I will pay the shipping....we usually use UPS but whatever is convenient to you. Also do you know approximately how high they stand. My old one kept the dingy about level with the railings on the fly bridge. Thanks woody@charteryacht.com

captwoodyb Guest

My address is 124 West Montgomery St, Baltimore MD 21230
    Telephone home 410 752 5631 or 1 800 344 0273. If you miss me leave a message I will call you back.