Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Discussion Forums

Sounds Good Give Me The Dates I'm In On The Keys Too. I Heard Theres A Car Race On The Dock In Sarasota Or Something Like That That Is Supposed To Be Good Up In Your Area , I Can Do A Weekend ,even Better For An Event.

2. Re: Discussion Forums

Hey Carl & Pat,

Looks like I may stay in FL longer than expected (see "Barge Damage at Wilson Lock").

What's up with that car race in Sarasota? That may be cool. Anyway, if you guys are serious about going to the keys in the next week or so, let me know. I may very well go with you if you want a red-neck Southern boy to tag along. It'd be a hoot, I promise!

Meanwhile, Pat, do you know of any REASONABLY PRICED slips available in your area or up in the Panhandle? I have to move FREEBIRD from NPR PDQ SOL SOB WFO......oops, got started and couldn't stop!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

I Think That Sarasota Race Maybe In The Spring But I'll Do A 3-4 Day Trip To Key West For Labor Day 09/1-09/5

4. Re: Discussion Forums

Quote Originally Posted by CARL GUZMAN
    I Think That Sarasota Race Maybe In The Spring But I'll Do A 3-4 Day Trip To Key West For Labor Day 09/1-09/5

Hey Carl,

Those dates just may work for me too! I can't really make solid plans until I get my engine trouble fixed, but I'll keep in touch. Meanwhile, feel free to give me a call at 800/251-9992 if you want to discuss this further. I'm always happy to talk to a fellow Hatt owner.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

What can I say? on the west coast Hatt owners are just like any truly boat owners. We i.e. a owner of 53' deamoraII are proud of our hatts and beleive it or not proud to have such a site available to us. as far as me, its the first site that is shown went I powerup. I spend a lot of time on my baby, and anything that helps me keep her in pristeen condishion is a great, and useful. most of the info I read on this site weather it be good or bad is an education. I ve had 14 boats and love working on them and this site and the people here have helped me the most. all I want to say is think you members, and most of all the forum.

This seemed to be a good thread to bump in light of current topics of conversation. I'll let somebody else run with it if it's worthy of discussion.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Sorry for the second bump, but it occurred to me that I wasn't clear in that the OP is what I was referring to. Specifically, whether or not it would be a good idea to have a political section since that topic keeps working into a lot of threads on the Sand Bar.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I think what has some upset is not that there are political discussions, but that they get thrown into a thread of another topic. Those who do not like to read such debate are free to just not view a political thread, but only if it is titled as such.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Yep, any thread is subject to turn into a political pissing contest without notice. I personally think having a political only section would put an end to that, or at least curb it.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Yep, any thread is subject to turn into a political pissing contest without notice. I personally think having a political only section would put an end to that, or at least curb it.
    I seriously doubt it. It only takes one subtle comment to start it off. You might remember that someone once mentioned a particular oil made by Citgo and that led to Chavez which led to Barack, etc, etc.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI