Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Re: Discussion Forums

Hey Carl,

I think you know my feelings on the type of thread you posted. I actually revived it when I pulled it up at the suggestion of Third Hatt. I contacted the person who I thought was responsible, and told them to count me in. I bought my Hatt for such things as that, and a couple of thousand miles ain't nuthin' to me. To that end, let me know if this trip is still on for next spring. I'll have FREEBIRD good and ready for a long trip with some fellow Hatt enthusiasts who do their boating at sea, not at the dock or on a computer.
    Keep me posted.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

Re: Discussion Forums

Randy,
    Have you joined the 1510 Club yet? Your boat is a model that is included and it is much more of a social club than technical from what I understand. I think it may be just what you are looking for. I know that they organize rendezvous and other social events but they mix in some technical stuff too with guest speakers at these events. You should check it out.
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 08-14-2006 at 03:29 PM.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Are They Leiniant On Joining The Other Club What If Your Boat Is Not A 1510 ?

4. Re: Discussion Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY
    Randy,
    Have you joined the 1510 Club yet? Your boat is a model that is included and it is much more of a social club than technical from what I understand. I think it may be just what you are looking for. I know that they organize rendezvous and other social events but they mix in some technical stuff too with guest speakers at these events. You should check it out.
    Hey Sky,

As a matter of fact, I did see the site for the 1510 club, but I haven't had the chance to check into it. If this is what they are all about, you're right, that may be right up my alley.

Again, just for the record, I am not against posting technical issues on this forum. Quite the contrary, as I too find myself in need of assistance from those more learned than I about my boats.

I was not complaining about this forum or attempting a coup, I was merely suggesting among other things that members consider not posting original threads whose intent seems to be simply to overwhelm us with technical information on a subject nobody asked about. Please read the thread again and tell me if I just failed to properly express my intent. If that is the case, I have no problems with offering yet another apology. As always, my phone number is on my website for all to access if they wish.

Thanks for the heads up on the 1510 club though. I appreciate it.
    Last edited by administrator; 08-15-2006 at 11:16 AM.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com

5. Re: Discussion Forums

Quote Originally Posted by CARL GUZMAN
    Are They Leiniant On Joining The Other Club What If Your Boat Is Not A 1510 ?
    Carl,

Join anyway. Nobody is going to come out and measure your boat! Tell them it's a 58, nobody would kick you out for a little white lie ! I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have a few "pretenders" on this site as to current ownership. I'm sure hull numbers are not verified. For what it's worth, I'll play with you if they won't!
    Last edited by FREEBIRD; 08-14-2006 at 10:18 PM.

IS THE SITE THE SAME LAY OUT ? THE MORE rendezvous THE BETTER

7. Re: Discussion Forums

Quote Originally Posted by CARL GUZMAN
    IS THE SITE THE SAME LAY OUT ? THE MORE rendezvous THE BETTER
    Carl,

You can access their site off of the home page of this one. I think I'll follow my own advice (no arguements that way) and check it out again for myself. I'm with you. Boating with folks of similar interest is what it's all about.

carl

http://www.hatteras1510club.com/

you can join as an associate member if you don't have a 1510. same dues, $ 175 first year, 125 after (first year include burgee and directory)

they're still using EZboard (same software this site used to use) with banners and popups... but with only a hadnfull posts this year, i doens't really matter.

they're really active in the NE, with an annual rendez vous. There is also a smaller rendez vous in Florida in winter, qlthough i guess this is restricted to 1510s
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Pascal
    Thanks For The Info , I Guess I Should Have Joined A Yacht Club For Cruiesing , It's Just Hard Down South South To Find Cruiesing Buddies. I Guess I'll Stick To This Site Seems To Be Alot Of Nice People , Anyone Ever Come Way Down South To Naples Let Me Know I'm Itchen To Go Crruiesenn.

10. Re: Discussion Forums

Carl,

If we make it back down there, I will give you a ring. We are up in Bradenton/Palmetto adn you are not far. But saying that, we dont make it down there much unless we are going by to make it to the keys. Hopefully we can get together sometime.

If you ever come up this way, let me know. I know of some good marinas and I am always willing to have a few beers with a hatteras buddy.
    Pat Bustle
    Palmetto, Florida
    1984 38 Topaz Express "Aranmore"
    Broker, United Yacht Sales
    Visit My Website