Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
    erik berakovich Guest

1991 40'DC for sale

This is a liquidation sale by owner. Harbor Springs MI, Northern Lake Michigan since new. 1400 original time on DD6V53TI's. Only used 20 hours in 2003. Boat is a 8+ on scale 1-10. Must sell, wholesale listed at $180,000. Boat is listed on yachtworld.com at $225,000 and can view pic's. Please call or write if intersted. Willing to entertain trades,partners,etc.
    231-526-2375

Southbass Guest

1991 40'DC for sale

I would think wholesale is more like$135000 - $150000

erik berakovich Guest
    Low NADA is 170,000, ABOS low is 205,000. Where do you get your #'s??

Southbass Guest

1991 40'DC for sale

Unfortunately, a boat is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. In this market, I believe those are the "wholesale prices". Today most boaters are not very knowledgeable on quality boats. Sea Rays, Carvers, Bayliners, Maxum's build boats to attract women(wives) at the dock. These boats are designed from the inside out. They build beautiful boats on the interior but are awful sea boats! They build them cheap and sell them cheap. It is very difficult to find a knowledgeable buyer today. Todays buyer wants speed and big interiors. You can buy a gas 40 dc for $100,000 to $125,000. Add diesel in the Great Lakes and you might get another $25,000 to $40,000. I am have owned two Hatteras' and will probably own a couple more but I am the minority. I agree, I think your boat is worth more but if you want to sell it wholesale that is probably the price. Someone has to take the risk of the boat sitting and wants to make some money. Time value of money. Thats where I get my numbers. Best of luck...It looks like a beautiful boat.

erik berakovich Guest
    thanks for you imput. i'll still stay at the $180,000. Every one thinks I'm crazy, too cheap at that price, but oh well. Best of luck with your yacht ventures as well. CHEERS!!

adaily3224 Guest
    Eric,

I left an inquiry on your message board on this site, it's in the control center, the link is at the top of the opening page. Thanks TD

erik berakovich Guest
    A.Dailey,

Please check your message board for my reply.

Thanks, Erik

larry Guest

40' DC for sale

call me a 954-942-9525 to dicuss sale of your boat