Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Thought boating was supposed to be fun

I've enjoyed the time I've spent on this forum. I've learned a good deal about Hatteras yachts (yours and mine), and I hope I've made contributions that were helpful as well. I've been accused of taking things too lightly by some, and just got flat out cussed by one ole' boy who bought a boat of unknown origin (see help to find out). Apparently, he ain't got much of a sense of humor. But hell, boating is supposed to be fun. I've owned a boat since I was 12 years old, and have owned over 30 to date. These range from a 7 foot hydroplane to 100 mph plus performance boats, and a 25 foot Bayliner, 10 Sea Rays, and many others along with one too many Hatteras yachts. I could impress ya'll with my college education and go off on boring mind boggling threads about how to do just about anything that has to do with boating. But I'm happy to start and answer the occasional thread with a lighter-than-some approach. I've heard from members who get a kick out of my particular style of sharing information, and I have apparently pissed off a couple of members as well. I had one guy send a PM telling me I should get the hell off this site, and another guy called up and ordered a safe from me (thanks bubba, you know who you are). One guy said I should be a comedian, but I told him that would present a conflict of interest with my second job as a free-lance gynecologist specializing in women with displacements of less than 130 lbs. (exceptions for those over 5'10"). I've even written material for Jeff Foxworthy (haven't give him any of it though, saving it up for when he runs out of his own stuff). For example, he's always jokin' about meanings of southern words. I thought of one he ain't thought of yet: ASPECT. What you git when you crawl naked into a hen house! Hey Jeff, if you're readin' this, I can prove I said it first, and I've got lots of witnesses. How much is it worth to ya? I've even been published in a national magazine. Unfortunately it was a magazine I used to advertise in where one of their editors chose to plagiarize material I have listed on my company website (the one for safes, not gynecology). I called it to their attention and ended up with a big ole' apology from the publisher along with several months of free advertising over that one. Oh well, to those of you I've pissed off, that was never my intention, and I sincerely apologize if you were offended in any way. To those of you who truly enjoy boating and think it should be fun, here's to you bubbas!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

Re: Thought boating was supposed to be fun

A little fun now and again has GOT to be healthy. I don't think anything you come up with is meant for anything but the enjoyment of the reader. Some people just take things too seriously lately.

There's a lot of us that have been on here for quite a while. It's all GREAT info and comaradarie (you know the word), but sometimes someone comes along and adds a breath of fresh air. I don't think you are over the edge or out of bounds. Just a sick sense of humor, which some of us appreciate!

Capt K

PS To those that take offense, let's all appologize in advance.

Sorry....

3. Re: Thought boating was supposed to be fun

If you want to be serious there are plenty of forums that have some bastard on them who will be very serious, and usually very opinionated (damn, surprised myself with that big word) and think that "they" have all the answers.

This forum is very different, like honest information, sometimes opinionated (but at least they will tell you so), and sincere exchange of helpful tips and ideas. If you don't want the truth go where they will lie to you, so you don't feel stupid. I like it here because we all have made mistakes, we can all laugh at each others problem, and then some smart alec will appear with the answer (and it is greatly appreciated) and save you a bunch of time or money. I really like the "Grand Poo Bah" (has he been elevated yet or not?) Karl's input on these topics, I think he gave me a class on thermo dynamics or something once, but this kind of assistance is priceless.

I too think boating is supposed to be fun, and a darn good excuse to spend money.

I like I have said before, Welcome to the insane asylum, we have a cell with your name on the door.
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

Sick is good! Humor is good! Sick humor is better!!
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

Randy, doesnt somone have to be the ass of the group? I am just glad it is not me this time.
    Pat Bustle
    Palmetto, Florida
    1984 38 Topaz Express "Aranmore"
    Broker, United Yacht Sales
    Visit My Website

You certainly have added some fun to the site, I was getting a little tired of reading about overheating 692's, low oil pressure, clogged heads, anyway I thought the first article you wrote about your maiden voyage was great. Oh, I read all of the New York stuff with much amusement, and I'm one of the few members that actually is from NY, not Conn, not NJ, NY. The one thing I have been wondering about, are there any dentists in Tennessee?

Tony D

7. Re: Thought boating was supposed to be fun

LOL, we call it a toothbrush down here, what we want to know is do you call it a teethbrush up there?
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

8. Re: Thought boating was supposed to be fun

Quote Originally Posted by ADaily3224
    You certainly have added some fun to the site, I was getting a little tired of reading about overheating 692's, low oil pressure, clogged heads, anyway I thought the first article you wrote about your maiden voyage was great. Oh, I read all of the New York stuff with much amusement, and I'm one of the few members that actually is from NY, not Conn, not NJ, NY. The one thing I have been wondering about, are there any dentists in Tennessee?

Tony D
    Hey bubba,

Was that a jab about our oral hygene here in Tennessee? If so, yeah we got dentists down here, they stay real busy replacing missing teeth from smart-assed yankees. If it wasn't a jab, yeah we got dentists down here, their fees are based on how many teeth you have. Hope that answers your question.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com

9. Re: Thought boating was supposed to be fun

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Asset
    Randy, doesnt somone have to be the ass of the group? I am just glad it is not me this time.
    Hey Pat,

If me and you wasn't buddies, I'd think you might have just called me the ass of the group. I'll just assume you were referring to Skytalker.

RR: I expect you to post with the highest standards, and the most serious attitude that you can muster. On the other hand, dang it bro, you're funny.
    regards
    steve