Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: beam

beam

I'm looking for a mid 1960's 28' flybridge sports fisherman. Can anyone tell me the max beam width of these boats ad dock level about 1' above the water line? My slip is 12'. Thanks Jeb

2. Re: beam

Contact Paul and ask about the 28 Hatteras SF for sale by private owner, I think it has new engines, not yet installed. I do not know what they are asking but Paul does, I have seen this boat in the yard, it has lift rails, but I have not been on it yet. I think Paul made a new teak door for it recently. 910.455.4866
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

Re: beam

Sorry, but I don't think it will work, even with a really, really big shoe horn. The beam is listed as 12'5". I have a 28' SF (Hull No. 28Sf-005) and have made a project of tracking down all of them I can find. To date, I've located 14 of the 31 built, including the first one and the last one. I've also tracked down 19 of the cruisers. Let me know if I can help you in any way, or, if you find a 28' Hatt, please let me know. I would appreciate having you on the contacts list. Good luck. Regards, Howard on Michigan's west coast

4. Re: beam

[QUOTE=Hows Hatt]Sorry, but I don't think it will work, even with a really, really big shoe horn.

Grab yourself a 5 gallon drum of Astroglide and go for it bubba!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com