Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
    OceansWest Guest

1974 - 1976 '31 Sport Cruiser

Does anyone have any thoughts on this model Hatteras? Is there anything to look out for? It doesn't have the lower helm option, which I see as a minus. Supposedly original gas engines with only 600 hours. Hard to believe.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

kindofblue Guest

great boat!

I had a 1974 31' for 3 years. It was agreat boat and a great running boat with t/454's. I believe we cruised about 22-24kts. Great cockpit and great layout inside. a tight bridge with the 3 helm chairs and small bench. Biggest drawback was the very small fuel tank if you do any cruising(150 gallons) and no place in the gunnel to put rod holders. This is a great hull with a slight flare that makes it a very dry boat. The molded in steps into the cockpit can be very awkward and many people fall into the cockpit when using them for the first time. Many spots on the deck can get wet and may need to be replaced if the have not at this point. The bi-fold door at the v-berth should be removed Some were painted and some were not. You will know right away if it has been painted. The bottom bunk of the sette is the best place on the boat to sleep! Good luck

Oceans78 Guest

Thanks

I appreciate the feedback. We decided it just wasn't quite big enough for what we wanted to do. You were right, there was some soft decks. Can't imagine how much it would cost to replace them.