Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
    BMartin Guest

41 Twin Cabin for sale

1966 41 Twin Cabin - total renovation and modern updates. Paint, digital a/c, vacu flush heads, Ensley electronic package, new interior with forward windows removed,steering, shafts, props overhauled, sea strainers, anchor with pulpit & windlass, full canvas, 10 kw Westerbeke, thru hull valves replaced, rudder systems, keel re-glassed, 2 stereo systems, new bonding system,all new pumps throughout, new fresh water system, etc etc. nothing is left untouched. muyst sacrifice due to health. over $300,000 invested. will sell for $145,000. will cruise at trawler speeds or 14.5 knts. beautiful classic boat in imaculate condition. photos and full documentation available.

divernc Guest
    Location and engines?

BMartin Guest

41 twin cabin

located Beaufort, North Carolina. engines are Detroit 653's

Re: 41 Twin Cabin for sale

If still available. Please send documentation, any additional specs and pictures. Thanks, SJ.

Did youever sell your Hatteras? I'm curious becasue I am looking at a Hatt, also in Beaufort. Owner wants $54,900. It's listed now on YachtWorld.com. Care to comment on what you think about this price, based on your experience? Thanks for any advice. -- Capt. Ratty

Capt Ratty, I see that you have posted the same question several times now to inquire about pricing on 41TC's. Any Diesel powered Hatteras 41 in the $50k price range is bottom-of-the-barrell pricing. As you see from above, some of the nice ones still ask over $100k, but I assure you that they rarely sell over $100k. I knew of a real nice one locally with new professionally sprayed Awlgrip and new Northern Lights 8kw gen that sold for $85k. The market is soft, but once you get down to $50k, they just don't get much cheaper (unless they have gasoline engines). Do a search on yachtworld and boattraderonline and you will see that these boats bottom out around $50k and go up towards $100k. Anything over $100k means that the boat is basically completely refit and new everywhere inside and out, but you had better be in love with the 41TC because once you're over $100k there are MANY newer and larger Hatteras that are within reach. That is the price range of these boats at this time. The one you are looking at in Carolina is priced right according to market, but you must decide if she is worth it to YOU. Go see the boat in person and sea trial her, You should know pretty quickly if she's worth $50k. If she runs and floats it's hard NOT to be worth around $50k. Remember, this is a diesel powered Hatteras Motoryacht for only $50k!

GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by ThirdHatt; 12-05-2006 at 09:52 AM.

Thirdhatt;

That was my wife posting all the questions. However we did make an offer on the boat and am waiting for a survey and sea trial, probably in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the info you supplied more than once.

Capt Ratty
    (and Wife)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Ratty
    Thirdhatt;

That was my wife posting all the questions. However we did make an offer on the boat and am waiting for a survey and sea trial, probably in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the info you supplied more than once.

Capt Ratty
    (and Wife)
    Excellent!!! I wish you the best of luck with the sea trial/survey. I love that both you and your wife were posting inquiries about the market on these vessels. My wife is nearly as involved as I am in our boating endeavors and I can only hope more gents get to enjoy this level of support from their spouses.

Who PM'ed me yesterday, was it you or your wife? Feel free to PM me again if you have any specific questions with respect to the 6v53's in a 41TC. They are good powerplants, fuel efficient and contrary to popular belief they WILL plane a 41TC!

Welcome to the Hatteras Forum and GOOD LUCK!

If still available please forward pictures and a phone number so that we can talk. Thanks, -Kevin
    -Kevin
    --Currently looking for a nice older Hatteras