Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: New York Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by RREGISTER
    Hey Rick,

Is that invitation good for a redneck country boy from Tennessee? Maybe we can load Skip up and go fishin'. He sounds like a good guy, if it turns out he's only pretending to become a son of the south, we'll cut him up and use him for bait. I'll spring for the fuel & beer if you'll bring the 'cue. Haven't been to Beaufort in a long time. Is the Sanitary Fish Market still going in Morehead? Give me a holler some time 800/251-9992. Didn't really mean to invite myself (yeah I did), but I'm serious if you are!
    Anytime! (and that goes for all our Hatt brethren)...Sanitary is still alive and kicking w/ the same sweeeeeet tea.

PS. Billfish are running pretty good...125 releases at the Barta tourney

2. Re: New York Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by Rickysa
    Anytime! (and that goes for all our Hatt brethren)...Sanitary is still alive and kicking w/ the same sweeeeeet tea.

PS. Billfish are running pretty good...125 releases at the Barta tourney
    Hey Rick,

I'll holler at you when I get my 58TC back home to Tennessee. I don't think I told you, but I lived in Southern Pines as a little bitty feller when Dad was at Pope AFB. Hell bubba, at the rate we're goin', we might turn out to be 4th cousins or somethin'. Glad to here Sanitary is still alive and well, and I do remember chasing softshell crab with that sweeeeet tea! Will it be okay if I bring my Hog? (scooter that is, not pig) You don't ride do ya'? Hell, if you do, I might just have to come down there and marry ya'. You know, seein' as how all this 'cue talk got started over me insulting some New Yorkers, it seems to me we can settle this whole north/south thing by sendin' them boys a truckload of 'cue. If that works, we'll see if we can't get all those Iraqi terrists to get along with us too. Got any good 'cue recipes for camel meat?
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

FWIW, it's not just you good ole boys who take gratuitous shots at New Yawkers. We CT Redsox fans have been known to send a volley or two across their bows as well.

4. Re: New York Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley
    We CT Redsox fans have been known to send a volley or two across their bows as well.
    Well you see, that's the problem with you northern boys. Even when your intentions are good, your aim is off!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com

Daddy always told me "Lead em!" Just don't put a partridge lead on a pheasant.

6. Re: New York Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley
    Daddy always told me "Lead em!" Just don't put a partridge lead on a pheasant.
    Sounds like yore Daddy was a smart feller. If you were taught about shootin' and stuff, how come those volleys you fired went over the bow of them New Yorkers? Swing and a miss, strike three, yore outta here!

Sox fan myself, from Boston and displaced to San Diego with the Navy. I still take the time to take shots at NY, but it is too big and easy of a target to miss!

8. Re: New York Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by nor'easter
    Sox fan myself, from Boston and displaced to San Diego with the Navy. I still take the time to take shots at NY, but it is too big and easy of a target to miss!
    Congratulations on your displacement to San Diego. See habla espanyole ya'll. Sounds like you and Bob Bradley need to come down here and sign up for some shootin' lessons. Ya'll are apparently waistin' a lot of ammo missin' New Yorkers. He's aiming high, and his stuff is goin' over the bow despite what his Daddy tried to learn him. But hell bubba, missin' a targit cause it's too big? I never heared such a thing as that. Sure you're not from Arkinsaw?I hope for the sake of yore fellow sailors you're not a gunner on that Navy boat.

9. Re: New York Bashing

Hey Labrador,

I know you've got stuff goin' on with your dad passin' and all, but I thought of sumthin' that might help you with yore struggles in pronouncing Newburn properly. Tell everybody yore from Cove City, even the damndest of yankees can pronounce that without gittin' snickered at by the locals. You'll pass for a local for sure then. I've got relatives in that little town too. It's a small farm town just outside of Newburn. In fact, I've got a 6th cousin twice removed with the same name as me who lives there. Last time I checked on the web, there was only about 4 Randy Registers in the whole dang country. I guess that makes me youneek. Call on me if you git in trouble down there, I got connections.

10. Re: New York Bashing

The best Eastern NC cue is "WHITE SWAN", located just south of Smithfield on HWY 301. I have had many arguements settled about who makes the best NC BBQ sitting at that hole in the wall, I like the "ole timers plate". Kansas City BBQ is a different from Eastern NC BBQ and is excellent! I like both, Hell, I even like Alabama BBQ! The best BBQ ribs in the world are still at Angelo's Steak Pit in Panama City Beach, FL. They have successfully defended their title for over 50 years. Angelo's is an icon of the "Redneck Riviera".

Another thing, it is ok to teach our northern friends how to properly pronounce local landmarks and such, but to teach them Southern Grit is still a treasonous offense. They might start understanding our codes and stuff and we might lose the war again! You know them boys up there are pretty smart, and can really charm the gals, I lost two aunts, one married a New Yorker, and the other one married a guy from Boston, things in the family have never been the same, since we now have two mixed marriages in our family tree. LOL
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com