Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
  1. Re: New York Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by labrador
    Man you an me need to go to some honky tonk an git som shine to wash down that cue when I git down there. Y'all come see me now, here
    Hell yeah bubba, just give me a call and we'll git 'er done. Don't care much for shine though. It works great in my John Deere lawnmower though. I've got the happiest lawn in the whole damn trailer park. Don't forget to find me some 'cue when you git to New Bern. By the way, just to save you some potential embarassment, has anybody told you how to pronounce "New Bern"? It ain't two words down there, so don't seperate them or you'll hear "you ain't from around here are ya'". Say it with me now, Newburn, some even sound like they're sayin' Newbrun. Say it like that and they'll think you're a local.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

2. Re: New York Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by Rickysa
    on NC pig.....

(Goldsboro...right beside S. Johnson AFB, so you could watch the planes land while eating your bbq sandwich on the way to the beach)....
    Hey bubba,

You're singin' my song. We've got something else in common. I've watched many a plane come in and out of Seymour Johnson. Daddy was in the Air Force. He was stationed at Pope originally, but I've been to most of the bases around the southeast. Never lived on a base though, that's why I'm so well adjusted. Find me a good mail-order 'cue joint, woodja?
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com

Re: New York Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by RREGISTER
    they can't touch eastern carolina barbeque. If you've never been east of Charlotte, you don't know what your missin'. Never been to KC. Freeze me up a pound or two and send it on down. I'll then render my perfessional opinion as I am a well known 'cue connisewer.
    Hate to disagree. Butttt.... I travel to our plant in Raeford NC and stay in Southern Pines when down there. The pulled pork w/ BB'Cue sauce & hush puppies still falls short of the KC fare.

If ever in KC, go to Authur Bryants. A tacky hole in the wall restaurant with world class BB'cue.
    Last edited by Passages; 08-03-2006 at 10:38 AM.

4. Re: New York Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by Passages
    Hate to disagree. Butttt.... I travel to our plant in Raeford NC and stay in Southern Pines when down there. The pulled pork w/ BBC & hush puppies still fall short of the KC fare.
    I may have identified the problem here. REAL carolina 'cue ain't pulled, it's minced (that way it soaks up more of that good ole' vinegar sauce). There's a whole lot of imports down there around Fayetteville with Fort Bragg & Pope being there, so you may still not have had any REAL carolina 'cue. I hear you can get arrested down there for impersonating carolina 'cue. Their cooks weren't wearin' turbins were they? Oops, there I go again. However, I will still be happy to evaluate your KC 'cue, so my original offer still stands.

We all got something in common. Mother in law born and raised in Goldsboro, married my father in law there while he was at Seymore Johnson. Went thru there couple weeks ago and stopped at the place you mentioned to get some sauce (can't remember the name an am computer challenged so can't look it up while typing). Have been trying to say Newbern all one word for some time now however havin a hard time with that one. Workin on it now, wife says I have to git it right b4 we go however. Got some Tenn costomers in Greenback, Bubba & Mike Pope at Popes plant farm. If ya ever git by say Skip said hey. You ever git to Newbern (got that one right) Stop by the Sheraton where my boat'll be. Give ya some beer and maybe even break out the Mount Gay. Be off for a few days now as daddy passed on Mon. and got people comin in for the service. Have a great weekend
    Skip

6. Re: New York Bashing

You ever git to Newbern (got that one right) Stop by the Sheraton where my boat'll be. Give ya some beer and maybe even break out the Mount Gay. Be off for a few days now as daddy passed on Mon. and got people comin in for the service. Have a great weekend
    Skip
    Keep practicin' bubba, you'll get it right. Sorry to hear about your Dad. Maybe I'll make it down there some day if you promise we'll drink beer and go fishin' (not necessarily in that order). Find us an all-u-can-eat 'cue joint, and we'll put 'em out of business!

Quote Originally Posted by Passages
    Hate to disagree. Butttt.... I travel to our plant in Raeford NC and stay in Southern Pines when down there. The pulled pork w/ BB'Cue sauce & hush puppies still falls short of the KC fare.

If ever in KC, go to Authur Bryants. A tacky hole in the wall restaurant with world class BB'cue.

The next time you are in town (S. Pines) give me a shout....you must be talking about John's....can't trust a restaurant that sells bbq and seafood to make good 'cue.

Actually, the farmer's market here used to have great 'cue and brisket...previous owner went to Lexington to learn how to make it, and built a pit and slow-cooked shoulders twice a week, and served both east and west NC sauces on the side...hate he sold it.

No good places around this area, so I bought a wood-pellet cooker and make my own now...and tacky hole in the walls are the best restaurants out there...Try La Poblanita in Aberdeen for mexican and Eva's for whatever is fried that day

You ever git to Newbern (got that one right) Stop by the Sheraton where my boat'll be. Give ya some beer and maybe even break out the Mount Gay. Be off for a few days now as daddy passed on Mon. and got people comin in for the service. Have a great weekend
    Skip
    Skip...also sorry about your dad...I'm at Town Creek in Beaufort so if you want to go fishing and don't want to mess with the Neuse and Adam's creek, come on down.

Rick

Thanks guys, Rick I'll take you up on that one!

10. Re: New York Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by Rickysa
    Skip...also sorry about your dad...I'm at Town Creek in Beaufort so if you want to go fishing and don't want to mess with the Neuse and Adam's creek, come on down.

Rick
    Hey Rick,

Is that invitation good for a redneck country boy from Tennessee? Maybe we can load Skip up and go fishin'. He sounds like a good guy, if it turns out he's only pretending to become a son of the south, we'll cut him up and use him for bait. I'll spring for the fuel & beer if you'll bring the 'cue. Haven't been to Beaufort in a long time. Is the Sanitary Fish Market still going in Morehead? Give me a holler some time 800/251-9992. Didn't really mean to invite myself (yeah I did), but I'm serious if you are!