Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
  1. Re: New York Bashing

Hey Skip,

Good to see you made it through the week-end. I'm not sure what even a yankee girl could do to screw up your A/C though. Best I can tell, there's no way to clog 'em up by flushing somethin' girly down 'em. Maybe it was just their time, and she was in the wrong place at that particular time. I assume you checked the basics: breakers, water flow, strainers, etc. Give me a holler with specifics and I'll try to help.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

2. Re: New York Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler 45C

Now we've got "Yankee Beer"? When does it end...
    Hell Bubba, that's simple. It ends when that Yankee beer is all drunk up!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com

Re: New York Bashing

Don't know what happened however nothing lights up on the SMX control when I throw the breaker. Other unit works fine and the pump is for both units. I have a multi meter on the boat so I assume I'll take the control unit off the bulkhead and test to see if it's getting power. If not how do I test the breaker to see if thats the problem. It doesn't "trip". If the breaker is bad would it normally trip?

4. Re: New York Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by labrador
    Don't know what happened however nothing lights up on the SMX control when I throw the breaker. Other unit works fine and the pump is for both units. I have a multi meter on the boat so I assume I'll take the control unit off the bulkhead and test to see if it's getting power. If not how do I test the breaker to see if thats the problem. It doesn't "trip". If the breaker is bad would it normally trip?
    Skip,

I didn't see your post on the A/C problem when I answered your earlier post on this thread (answered your post there too). Replace the breaker with the one that's working, and that will tell you if it's a breaker problem PDQ. A bad breaker won't necessarily trip. It will only trip if the amperage goes above the rating of the breaker. See, I can be downright proper when I take the notion. Sounded like pretty good advice from a redneck country boy huh?