Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Smile New York Bashing

Looks like my original reply to MikeP996, "I'm not as welcome as I thought", opened up a little can of worms. So in the interest of whirled peas, I thought I'd post a new thread to clear the air with my geographically challenged fellow Hatt owners. First, I hope ya'll know I've just been poking a little fun at you boys. As we approach another anniversary of 9/11, I am reminded of that day all us southern boys became honorary "New Yorkers". We're called the "Volunteer State" here in Tennessee, and let me tell ya, we were ready to volunteer to kick some major ass on that day as we were pissed. Of course, loss of life aside, we'd have been even more pisseder if them terrists had crashed a plane into the big ole' water slide at Dollywood, but I digress. As I said in an earlier thread, I'm not a red-neck bigot, but I do tend to mess with people a little bit. Yeah, I poke at New Yorkers, ya'll make it too easy to resist. I tease my Mexican buddies at my favorite Mexican restaurant, but I don't have anything against Mexicans or any immigrant as long as they are legal and make a contribution to the community. I've even tried to make a boater out of a black buddy of mine (yeah, I'm a white boy). I tell him I understand that historically speaking, it's never been a good idea for a black man to accept a boat ride from a white man. But I've promised him I won't take him down the river and try to sell him (I've told him I couldn't get anything for his sorry ass anyhow). I'll get him out there some day, and we'll have a big time rollin' on the river. Meanwhile, if any of you New Yorker or other geographically challenged Hatt owners find yourselves down this way, and you'd like some advice on sightseeing or navigating the Tennessee River, give me a call. I've always been happy to tell ya'll where to go!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

Re: New York Bashing

Even as "geographically challenged" as I am, I DO like your attitude!

K

3. Re: New York Bashing

Thanks bubba.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com

The above post is one of the reasons I'm comin down. Poke all the fun you want, just have some good 'cue rready for me.I do however want to stay in the good ol USA. Thats why we're not going to Arkansas.

Think I'll stir things up a bit. I'm from the "geographically challeged" part of the country and just returned last night from a 3 day business trip to Memphis.

Gotta tell, I had a lot of TN B'cue out there but the best is still from Kansas City,

6. Re: New York Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by labrador
    just have some good 'cue rready for me

Hey Labrador,

Thought you weren't payin' attention when I talked to you about barbeque the other day. Still looks like you weren't payin' attention. You're the one who's supposed to be bringin' the 'cue bubba! You're gonna be in the barbeque capital of the world when you come down to eastern NC. We aint got ship for barbeque here (or is that ain't got barbeque for ship? Yeah, that's what I meant to say).

7. Re: New York Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by Passages
    Think I'll stir things up a bit. I'm from the "geographically challeged" part of the country and just returned last night from a 3 day business trip to Memphis.

Gotta tell, I had a lot of TN B'cue out there but the best is still from Kansas City,

Hey,

I lived in Memphis for a while, and while they've got some purty good ribs, they can't touch eastern carolina barbeque. If you've never been east of Charlotte, you don't know what your missin'. Never been to KC. Freeze me up a pound or two and send it on down. I'll then render my perfessional opinion as I am a well known 'cue connisewer.

8. Re: New York Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by labrador
    I do however want to stay in the good ol USA. Thats why we're not going to Arkansas.

Hey Labrador,

Guess I wasn't payin' attention too neither. Just noticed the above quote about Arkinsaw. Did Bill Clinton get them kicked out of the US or what? I always said the only thing Arkinsaw was good for was to keep Tennessee and Oklahoma from bumpin' in to each other.

Man you an me need to go to some honky tonk an git som shine to wash down that cue when I git down there. Y'all come see me now, here

on NC pig.....

I grew up on Wilber's BBQ (Goldsboro...right beside S. Johnson AFB, so you could watch the planes land while eating your bbq sandwich on the way to the beach)....eastern pig = vinegar/pepper sauce, pit-cooked over wood (no gas)...served with green slaw

Then I married a young lady from Lexington NC (bbq capital of the world) and had a taste of the western NC pig = vinegar/pepper sauce with just enough ketchup to tint it red...served with red slaw (also pit cooked, but some are cheating and cooking on gas)

both so good make you want to slap yo' momma...not like that burnt pig flesh covered up with enough sweet ketchup to kill the flavor of the meat like they serve way out west...I've even heard they do the same thing with cow...

PS...the peach brandy is what you sip while you are cooking the pig
    Last edited by Rickysa; 08-03-2006 at 10:20 AM.