Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Photo file size

Photo file size

I'd like to contribute some photos, but the allowed file size is in the jurassic period. All of my boat pics are 1.35 megs or larger. I stashed them in hosting sites like photobucket, but this forum can't swallow those files. Can this be changed, to reflect the abilities of modern cameras? The same goes for avatars. 150x150 at least, with 1 meg for motion.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

Re: Photo file size

save for the web. unless averyone has a dsl or cable connection it could take forever.

Noel

Who has an evdo card, but is not as fast as DSL or Cable
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

I have a different take on this. I don't have a problem with the photo size being 640X480 as that seems to work out well for inline pictures while reading the posts. Anything much more requires scrolling either horizontally or vertically. Maybe it is just because my laptop has only a 14" screen.

What I would like to see is a higher limit set on the amount of space that can be used for posting pictures. It seems like some of the posters like MikeP are having to delete older pictures that he has taken when he has been working on a problem. These pictures really make it easier to see what he is explaining.

My $.02.

I've just doubled the file space available for each member's attachments from 2 meg to 4 meg.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Doug
    Doug Langley, Forum Admin
    Sam's Marine International
    http://www.samsmarine.com

You guys are the greatest!

Thanks! I got around to posting some pics of the old girl.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331