I am looking at adding a fuel primer pump to facilitate priming the racor filters and fuel system after a fuel filter change. At the same time I would like to be able to use the new primer pump to polish the fuel and/or transfer fuel in-between the 2 fuel tanks. The new primer pump could also serve as a back up fuel pump in an emergency. I have attached a reference drawing of what I am thinking about. Items in black are existing while items in red are new.

The fuel polishing and fuel transfer are not the most efficient due to the fuel having to cycle through the fuel rail but I think this is the easiest way without re-doing the fuel system completely and having a bunch more valves.

What do you think? Would this circuit be able to prime the main racors and secondary fuel filters upon a filter change, polish the fuel, allow for fuel transfer, and provide fuel pump backup? Do you see any issues?

Thank You for your input and advice. Thanks also for the snide comments I will probably get as well. LOL

KevinPrimer Pump_1.pdf