Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Engine start / stop circuit electrical drawing - late 80s

Can anyone please share a schematic of the main engine start / stop electrical circuit? My boat is a 1988 67’ cockpit motoryacht, it is very similar to 60’ motoryacht. I also assume that most of the boats of this vintage had a very similar arrangement - I know if I was the electrical engineer for this project I wouldn’t start from a clean sheet of paper when designing the circuit…any help greatly appreciated. I’m chasing an electrical gremlin and would be helpful to have the drawing!!

Re: Engine start / stop circuit electrical drawing - late 80s

I had a problem with my starboard 6v92 last year. The wiring diagram is onboard the boat so I can’t give it to you, I can tell you it is a simple circuit that provides voltage to a solenoid on top of the engine, My intermittent problem actually was a solenoid slowly going bad. I wish I could help you more
    SummerWind
    1994 Hatteras
    48 cockpit motoryacht
    Muskegon, Mi

Www.youtube.com/@greatlakesyachting

I have the electrical drawings for you and will take photos tomorrow. Send me a PM with your email address.
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

i have the one for a 1975 64ft my if that will help.
    Tony1975 64ft Hatteras MY"Escape Plan"Ft. Pierce, Fl.

About 99% of the time an intermittent shutdown problem is the fuel shutoff solenoid getting weak. Unless you've actually taken a multimeter and determined that you aren't getting power on the circuit, I would start with the solenoid.