Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

3 New Hatteras Boats for 2024

Hot off the press, White River plans to build 3 New Hatteras fishing boats.Possibly resurrected 2022 Fishing boats. https://www.powerandmotoryacht.com/b...023B8655190I8J

Re: 3 New Hatteras Boats for 2024

Lets see if they can actually build some boats in a timely fashion.
    It's interesting that there wasn't any specifics about the actual completion/debut dates and also what looks like only crude "concept" line drawings, if they had something better they would have included them in the press release just like what every other builder does.
    Really hope this works out for them, going to be tough with Viking moving the goal nonstop and the high end SF custom builders skimming the best builds/sales off the top. Viking has been loosing some of it's best repeat customers to them at a pretty alarming rate over the last few years. They even lost Michael Jordan to Bayliss.
    And, great timing as new SF boat sales are really slowing down.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    Lets see if they can actually build some boats in a timely fashion.
    It's interesting that there wasn't any specifics about the actual completion/debut dates and also what looks like only crude "concept" line drawings, if they had something better they would have included them in the press release just like what every other builder does.
    Really hope this works out for them, going to be tough with Viking moving the goal nonstop and the high end SF custom builders skimming the best builds/sales off the top. Viking has been loosing some of it's best repeat customers to them at a pretty alarming rate over the last few years. They even lost Michael Jordan to Bayliss.
    And, great timing as new SF boat sales are really slowing down.
    That was kinda my thought. Anybody can hire an artist.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I had seen some info on Hatteras site back in Dec 2023.I hope that they didn’t layoff all the Hatteras staff. Other wise who really knows if they can actually build a quality boat again. The article did say that they have Guy Robert’s running the show as a MGR. I wonder if they brought him back or he has been employed this whole time. I hope they can pull it off and build quality again. Time will tell. Rich

I sure hope Hatteras is not thinking the same crew that builds the bass boats will build the sportfishers. that won’t work.

A Hatteras with outboards just seems wrong. Put another brand name on that boat.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

They have a video up on the Hatteras site. Shows the new models as CGI renderings, but nice to watch.

I hope that these are actual designs and that they WILL be built. But PMY is an industry flack sheet and they just print what the industry gives them.

I would love to see three new Hatteras yacht designs, and actually built. Fingers crossed.