Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Location of AC Bus Bars 1984 61MY Circuit tripping

The lower starboard side AC circuit is tripping. Boat was modified 10 years ago and each AC circuit now has its own GFCI. Has worked flawlessly until this week. We have been looking for wiring faults, bus bar faults, lighting faults, corrosion at power outlets faults but are yet to find a cause. Have replaced the GFCi.

1. On lower starboard side we can find two AC bus bars under mid toiltet sink and under owner's stateroom sink. These appear to service lights asnd power outlets. Are there any other bus bars for the lower starboard side?

2. The lower starboard AC circuit should include the bow room ceiling light, the starboard ceiling light and power outlets in area above genset room, mid bathroom lights and power outlets, owners bathrooom lights and power outlets and starboard bedside table.

Are there any else?

Does anyone have a suggestion where to look for this fault or know the wiring run? Marine electrician is coming on Friday.

Thanks.
    Last edited by scottinsydney; 03-11-2024 at 04:58 AM.
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

Re: Location of AC Bus Bars 1984 61MY Circuit tripping

When does it trip? As soon as that panel is energized? When one specific load is applied? Can you isolate each load?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI