Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Scott B, saved my butt again.

Yesterday, we were out on the hook for the 1st time in a few months (a number of repairs and upgrades being done) and had an issue with my Victron Multiplus not charging properly.

About 3 weeks ago, I had updated the Firmware on the Cerbo, Multiplus and BVM. Didn't notice any problems as the batteries were already charged from shore power.

Well, after a nice day here in the harbor - I cranked up the Generator and checked the GX Display to confirm the batteries were charging. They were charging, but at a VERY low rate, which would not even keep up with the power I was using onboard.

I sent a text to Scott B to ask for his advice on this and he called me back (Friday evening, no less). In about an hour, he had networked into my system (remotely) and changed a few charging parameters that somehow got F'd. Not sure if this was due to the FW update, but I didn't go fiddling around or change anything, so not sure what else it could have been.

Anyway, a great big thanks to Scott for the assistance.

This is the perfect example of why I like to purchase systems from people that know exactly what they are doing and will support you when there is a problem. I never been able to reach Jeff Bezos at Amazon for support..... so I think I'll stick with a guy I can trust.

Re: Scott B, saved my butt again.

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag930 View Post
    yesterday, we were out on the hook for the 1st time in a few months (a number of repairs and upgrades being done) and had an issue with my victron multiplus not charging properly.

About 3 weeks ago, i had updated the firmware on the cerbo, multiplus and bvm. Didn't notice any problems as the batteries were already charged from shore power.

Well, after a nice day here in the harbor - i cranked up the generator and checked the gx display to confirm the batteries were charging. They were charging, but at a very low rate, which would not even keep up with the power i was using onboard.

I sent a text to scott b to ask for his advice on this and he called me back (friday evening, no less). In about an hour, he had networked into my system (remotely) and changed a few charging parameters that somehow got f'd. Not sure if this was due to the fw update, but i didn't go fiddling around or change anything, so not sure what else it could have been.

Anyway, a great big thanks to scott for the assistance.

This is the perfect example of why i like to purchase systems from people that know exactly what they are doing and will support you when there is a problem. I never been able to reach jeff bezos at amazon for support..... So i think i'll stick with a guy i can trust.
    awesome!!
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

I went through Scott for adding my 2nd generator for this very reason. Local, HOF member, and support.

Be aware though that if you accidently text him a picture of food you are cooking you will be on the phone for a while!
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Scott is heading back to New Bern NC next week to install Radar, new MFD Alternator, Auto Pilot and a few other items on my Boat, cant wait.

Too bad the moderator won't let him post directly here. He is wealth of knowledge.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Too bad the moderator won't let him post directly here. He is wealth of knowledge.
    I concur. Scott has been extremely helpful to me over the years.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Truly a shame Scott can’t post. So much knowledge available from a guy who truly wants to help people do things the right way. Of course he’s a businessman but I don’t think he’s a very good one based on the amount of time he spends after the sale on tech support. Haha. Thanks again for answering the phone anytime I call for help Scott!
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Who is the moderator? I have posted a direct message to the admin via the forum "contact" page, but not received a reply regarding this matter.

Sorry maybe I missed something. Are we talking about Boatsb here? I must be mistaken because I thought Scott posted frequently.
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

It's Tuesday night March 12th around 9:25.

My post may be allowed after the moderator approves it. Let's see how long this takes.

🕰🕰🕰
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.