Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thru hull seacock

Sams has the original seacocks that we’re installed when the boats were new. I bought 2 - 2 1/2” valves and thru hulls. According to the guys at Sams these are better quality than the Groco valves for about the same price. The seacock was about $800.00. Not sure why I need this quality considering my original ones lasted 50 years and I won’t be around for another 50 years but what the heck quality is always a good way to go.
    Attached Images
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Re: Thru hull seacock

I like your style. Only the best.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I get the part about paying for quality. However, please be aware of price shopping. I needed a new raw water strainer, and Sams was out of the question for the one I wanted - Same as the 3 already in the generator room. I found it on Amazon at the time for about $150, its gone up to $208. But again, this was same strainer that was on my existing AC intakes and generator raw water intake.

Amazon.com: GROSS MECH. LABORATORIES Groco 3/4 in. Raw Water Strainer ARG-750-S : Tools & Home Improvement
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Quote Originally Posted by rwaldrop13 View Post
    I get the part about paying for quality. However, please be aware of price shopping. I needed a new raw water strainer, and Sams was out of the question for the one I wanted - Same as the 3 already in the generator room. I found it on Amazon at the time for about $150, its gone up to $208. But again, this was same strainer that was on my existing AC intakes and generator raw water intake.

Amazon.com: GROSS MECH. LABORATORIES Groco 3/4 in. Raw Water Strainer ARG-750-S : Tools & Home Improvement
    And if we all buy from Amazon, the only place left to buy anything will be Amazon. Sam's provides this site and almost everything we need to maintain and repair these old boats. Please buy from them whenever possible so we don't lose this great resource.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI