Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Source for CC Approved silicone fuel line

Want to put a cross over between secondary fuel filters 8V92 in order to keep both engines running when fuel filters on one tank are clogging in a situation where both engines required such as transversing an inlet. Just replaced the generators 5/16 supply with Blue silicone. 3' with flare fittings on each side. Cost was $125 as the hose was $24 per foot.
    Just wondering if there is a better place to buy than the local Parker Store.

regards
    mark
    Mark
    1981 56' MY Hull #320
    "Lady Ann"

Re: Source for CC Approved silicone fuel line

You could try to find a local commercial/industrial hose company. There a place pirtek that has a mobile service near me. I haven’t checked pricing or anything yet.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

When I was doing my repower I ordered new CG approved hoses from Seaboard Marine. I probably could have picked up similar at a local hose shop for less money but the online ordering was really convenient.
    Warren
    1973 Chris-Craft 47 Commander
    1994 Sea Ray Laguna 16SC
    (wannabe Hatteras owner)

I bought mine at a local hose shop. I had them provide me with the paperwork to show that they were CG rated hoses.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Consider using Parker 221FR hose, it is Coast Guard and Transportation approved. The hose is Blue it also clearly marked Coast Guard approved.

You can use Parker series 20 and or series 22 series fittings. This series of Parker fittings are field attachable using simple hand tools and wrenches. This means they do not have to be crimped.

You can buy all of these pieces through the internet.
    Tim
    1979 53' MY Hull #566
    KNOW PRESSURE
    Hampton, Virginia

Thanks everyone. I'll pursue.
    regards
    Mark
    1981 56' MY Hull #320
    "Lady Ann"