Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Air Cond Power/Source?

I have a '75 58LRC. The PO took all the air conditioning units and pumps out, but left the fans in the vents. I'm hoping to reconnect the fans. Does anyone know if these are 110vac or 32vdc fans? Bonus: Anyone know what panel the breaker would have been on (A, B, or C)? The wires are all cut....

Re: Air Cond Power/Source?

The fans , if original , are AC . They were powered by the AC breakers for the compressor units . This should be marked on the AC circuit breaker panels . This makes putting up plywood ceiling panels look harmless.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

On my 58LRC, the fans are all AC. HVAC is 220V, so not sure about the fans, but would think 110v? The breakers for these are in the ER on the rear bulkhead.

AC current, On our 61MY, 4 of 7 units are on Starboard Engine Room Panel and 3 are on Port
    1985 61MY #369 / Redonna Gail / N Myrtle Beach SC

Quote Originally Posted by jmooney View Post
    The fans , if original , are AC . They were powered by the AC breakers for the compressor units . This should be marked on the AC circuit breaker panels . This makes putting up plywood ceiling panels look harmless.
    Now that’s funny, and I don’t care who you are.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Thanks, all. That's what i needed - power source and a laugh (plywood ceiling panels are never easy!). Someone literally cut the wires and all the freon tunes in the ER, removed the pumps and compressors, and left the wiring and tubing forward of the ER.

That sounds more like a robbery than a removal!

Walt Hoover

who in the F would do a butcher job like this, if you dont use it, just dont use it, leave it for the next person
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

I agree. The PO was great at almost everything, but that one thing still chaps me after 5 years...

You're being kind. I'd be sticking pins in a doll that looked like him.