Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Water Shutoffs

Re: Water Shutoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    I just bought a bunch of Sharkbite shut offs, turned the water off and drain the pressure tank, then started cutting hoses and adding the shut offs. Then with the help of my wife determined what supplied what and labeled it accordingly.
    Based upon your shutoff installation what type of Pex is used? Pex-A or Pex-B? What pipe diameter did you use?

Thanks for your help and information.
    Slainte
    1988 - 67' CPMY
    Houston, Texas

Different boat, but your circled area is the same area on our 60 for the washer and dryer connection.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Our water lines are 1/2. I’m not sure which shark bites I bought but I remember them having a pink tag on them. I’m pretty sure I’m mix matching the butyl and regular shark bite connections but they’re both working just fine and we are connected to shore water. We live aboard and turn the water off when we leave.
    Last edited by Sadey; 02-22-2024 at 03:31 AM.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    Different boat, but your circled area is the same area on our 60 for the washer and dryer connection.
    I bet that is my washer water connection as well. Makes sense since there is no shutoff in the washer/dryer closet.

Thanks for the help.
    Slainte
    1988 - 67' CPMY
    Houston, Texas

Pic of what I use. I have a handful of these and also sharkbite elbows - notice that one end is grey and the bag has a “PB” after the 1/2” for polybutylene. I also keep PEX inline connectors, elbows and plugs for when I just want to cap off a leak out of convenience. Now that I took them out and know exactly where they are, I shouldn’t need them for a while…until I lose them.
    Attached Images