Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Water Shutoffs

Water Shutoffs

I have a 1988 - 67' CPMY and I am trying to find the water shutoff(s) for the following connections:
    1) aft deck bar sink
    2) cockpit hot and cold faucets.
    3) Port bow washdown connection

I do not see any information about shutoff connections in the manual. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: Water Shutoffs

There are non. Most of us have added them.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I just bought a bunch of Sharkbite shut offs, turned the water off and drain the pressure tank, then started cutting hoses and adding the shut offs. Then with the help of my wife determined what supplied what and labeled it accordingly.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

There has to be a shutoff somewhere for the aft deck sink and cockpit shower. No water is coming out when turned on and there are no water leaks in the water system.

I have not investigated the port bow washdown yet. I am waiting on getting the proper quick disconnect hose connection piece.

As far as adding you own shutoff valves where did you add them? It looks as though the water connection to the internal sinks, showers, toilets, etc. is a series type feed. All the connections seem to connected to the same pipe or two and do not have individual feeds. That is unless I am not seeing a manifold somewhere.

Thanks.

There weren’t any shut offs for my aft deck sink or aft deck shower. In my portside engine room there were two water supply lines headed that direction so I simply cut each supply and added a shut off. Sounds to me like somebody added a shut off somewhere between your pressure tank outflow and those fixtures. As far as where to put the shut offs, I just put them as close to the fixture as possible while still remaining very convenient to get to. if I remember correctly, even the sink basin faucet did not have shut offs to start.
    There’s a main feed to each room and then it split between the sink and shower/tub. There was also a separate water feed for each toilet
    Last edited by Sadey; 02-21-2024 at 05:46 PM.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Check the screens on your faucet and make sure they’re not clogged. I’ve seen that happen. Many times they get filled with sand and grit, and nothing will get past the screens.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I have same boat and year. From memory in the user's manual, Port bow *might* be saltwater washdown - pump might be under v-berth (my stbd bow is fresh water). Cockpit connections might be one freshwater one saltwater line unless someone put a shower in. Aft deck sink - I don't think there is a shutoff. +1 on having a bunch of sharkbite fittings, PEX, valves and pex plugs at the ready. Always have a dockside pressure regulator (cheap on Amazon) inline if you connect to a dockside hose. The grey polybutylene pipe connections that don't like pressure at this age!

Quote Originally Posted by firbanks View Post
    I have same boat and year. From memory in the user's manual, Port bow *might* be saltwater washdown - pump might be under v-berth (my stbd bow is fresh water). Cockpit connections might be one freshwater one saltwater line unless someone put a shower in. Aft deck sink - I don't think there is a shutoff. +1 on having a bunch of sharkbite fittings, PEX, valves and pex plugs at the ready. Always have a dockside pressure regulator (cheap on Amazon) inline if you connect to a dockside hose. The grey polybutylene pipe connections that don't like pressure at this age!
    I do believe you are right about the port bow connection for a raw (salt) water washdown. I do not have a starboard bow connection. So as of now I am assuming that I do not have fresh water washdown functionality.

My cockpit has a separate red and blue garden hose connection. I have included a picture below. I used "shower connection" for simplicity in my original message.

As far as the pressure regulator is concerned, I am assuming you mean to put an external pressure regulator in-between the dock water hose and the input connection to the boat? Otherwise I believe there is an internal pressure regulator.

Thanks for your input.

cockpit faucet connections.jpg
    Last edited by Kquaine; 02-21-2024 at 10:49 PM.
    Slainte
    1988 - 67' CPMY
    Houston, Texas

Ah I see your “shower” connections - assume those are aftermarket. My cockpit water is on port side with a 3-way valve selection for fresh or salt water. My cockpit controls are also on the port side. You are correct on the dockside pressure regulator - external to the boat and in series between the hose and the boat. While there is theoretically an internal freshwater regulator, mine was clearly shot and already bypassed in the engine room. And multiple polybutylene connectors between the dockside connection and the regulator that need to be protected anyway. I almost never connect a hose - always run off the water tank and pump(s) anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by firbanks View Post
    Ah I see your “shower” connections - assume those are aftermarket. My cockpit water is on port side with a 3-way valve selection for fresh or salt water. My cockpit controls are also on the port side. You are correct on the dockside pressure regulator - external to the boat and in series between the hose and the boat. While there is theoretically an internal freshwater regulator, mine was clearly shot and already bypassed in the engine room. And multiple polybutylene connectors between the dockside connection and the regulator that need to be protected anyway. I almost never connect a hose - always run off the water tank and pump(s) anyway.
    Thanks for your help. I will have to keep searching around for the cockpit water shutoffs. I was just looking at some pictures of my survey and I noticed a blue and red shutoff on the stbd aft wall of the generator room. Maybe that is the shutoff.

Like you I almost never get the water directly from the dock. I usually fill the water tank and run from there. Just seemed safer overall. Don't have to worry about a blown internal line in the middle of the night or when not on board.

Thanks again

genny room_1.jpg
    Slainte
    1988 - 67' CPMY
    Houston, Texas