Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

glendenning synchronizer

Been working fine and recently doesn't want to engage. is there a fuse or something that I can check.

Re: glendenning synchronizer

Start with the basics. Do you have power at the switch? Do you have power at the glend ? There should be a fuse or a breaker but these baits have been modified over the years so who knows what was done.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I ran around in circles once on this.
    Dual station and pull switch on the fly-bridge lost a wire (bad/old crimp).

Another location to check; I also worked on a hat where the sync went thru a switch on the clutch.
    Had to be in gear to engage.
    Found this setup was in the Hatt's print-set. I would have never looked there if it was not for the print-set showing the wire path.
    Last edited by Captain Ralph; 02-20-2024 at 07:15 PM.

Well thank you for that insight, I have always had to go in neutral on both motors and set up the slave motor so was doing it with both motors out of gear then run both motors from the port side. pretty sure there is power at the switch since the light comes on .

If you hear the unit engage with a clunk and still will not pull the slaved engine, there is an adjustment.
    If you do not hear the unit engage with a clunk, No power to it or internal coil failed.

I am sure it is possible, but I have never heard of the pull coil failing.