Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Copper Fuel Line

One of my copper fuel line recently cracked where someone had put a bad bend inside a sweeping 90. It's a short piece between a fuel shutoff and the fuel filter about 25". Question is, where does one find 5/8" od soft copper line?

Re: Copper Fuel Line

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Chad View Post
    One of my copper fuel line recently cracked where someone had put a bad bend inside a sweeping 90. It's a short piece between a fuel shutoff and the fuel filter about 25". Question is, where does one find 5/8" od soft copper line?
    Grainger would be my 1st choice or a local pluming/hvac supply house.

I think I have a coil. I'll check when I get home in a few hours. If I do, I'll cut you a piece. Where are you located?
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

McMaster-Carr might have it.

Bob, Tennessee.

Is the factory fuel line the same as soft copper type L they sell in coils at the Depot?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Chad View Post
    Bob, Tennessee.

Is the factory fuel line the same as soft copper type L they sell in coils at the Depot?
    Not sure what Hatteras used but you can get type K at most plumbing warehouses. K is heavier then L or M but that also makes it more difficult to bend. 5/8" OD would actually be called 1/2" at a plumbing warehouse and 5/8 at a refrigeration shop.

Hatteras used refrigeration copper, heavy wall. Try a HVAC shop.

Walt Hoover

I checked my garage, and I only have 1/2" od, not 5/8. If that would work for you I'll be happy to cut you a couple of pieces.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Personally, I think I'd just find someone to make up a piece of flexible fuel line with proper fittings to replace the section.

Bob, thanks for the offer but I believe it would be difficult to transition to 1/2" where it's at.

I thought about having a soft line made up but I like having all hard lines in the ER. If you have an ER fore and you get it knocked down you have a better chance of it not coming back if all of your fuel lines are in tact.