Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Walter P has passed away

For those of you how knew Walter Pereira ("Walter P"), I wanted to let you know that he passed away yesterday. Ed and I always enjoyed his company and all of the really interesting stories he had to tell. He was a really neat guy. He will be missed. He was 86. Here is a link to the obit:

https://www.brunswickmemorialhome.co...L9vR__thWBSMn8
    Last edited by Angela; 02-12-2024 at 07:54 PM.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Re: Walter P has passed away

Rip my friend.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

Sorry to hear that. We need to keep an eye on each other.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I only met Walter once and that was on Angela's boat. He was a very knowledgeable Hatteras guy that did some really nice woodwork on his 48MY. He would call me from time to time.

I think he has a storage unit with a bunch of Hatteras parts in it. He once sold some props to another member here from that stash and it didn't turn out too well as I remember.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Never had the pleasure of meeting Walter, but corresponded and spoke on the phone a couple of times. Very nice man, I enjoyed our talks. RIP Walter, and condolences to his family.

Sorry to hear, he was one of the long time members

he stayed on your boat back in 2008 when we did the raft up during the boat show, right? Was it him whose wife lost her glasses when one of us threw a line over? Trying to remember.

None of us are getting any younger . I often see Maynard by the marina, he was at the raft up with his 36. He s not in great shape.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Sorry to hear, he was one of the long time members

he stayed on your boat back in 2008 when we did the raft up during the boat show, right? Was it him whose wife lost her glasses when one of us threw a line over? Trying to remember.

None of us are getting any younger . I often see Maynard by the marina, he was at the raft up with his 36. He s not in great shape.
    That's too bad to hear about Maynard.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Yes, Pascal. Her name is Monica.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Yes, Pascal. Her name is Monica.
    That’s right! Monica.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

While we were docked at the Rondout Yacht Harbor in Connolley NY, Walter brought his Hatteras up and we got to chat a bit. He was doing extensive upgrades to its galley and the bow rails. As I recall he was doing this on his own and referred to it as his time to play.

While he was showing me his bridge, I was talking about oil pressure in our boat. After A good run on the Hudson in Summer time I would pull into the dock and tie up. However part of docking meant dealing with oil ressure alarms when I shifted. They were intermittent and sometimes didn't sound much at all but the light would flicker. He said he had an easy fix for it.

"This is how I fixed it". I watched as he reached down to the alarm fuses and opened one up. There was no fuse.

We laughed a bit but being new to Detroits I wondered. BTW it didn't happen much if we kept the rides at hull speed.

Sad to see he has met the eventuality but 86 is a darn good run.
    Regards
    Dan