Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Flow marine systems

Anyone have any first hand experience with their hvac units? My condensing units don’t look pretty when removed during my repower. While I’m in there…. It may pay to replace the original 1988 units. These being r22 compatible seem very intriguing instead of replacing the air handlers as well

Re: Flow marine systems

Don't know anything them but can't imagine using 36 year old air handlers with new condensers other than maybe in a repair situation to get running quickly. Also, as much as I get the efficiency of r22 it's getting harder to obtain and the cost is just nuts and rising. We changed out all of our Cruisair stuff to 220v self contained units from Mabru a few years ago, so far so good.
    Last edited by Cricket; 02-11-2024 at 10:24 PM.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Saw them the last couple of years at FLIBS. Seemed well put together, including a nice titanium condenser. Talked to owner who knew his stuff. Looked like they were growing into the much bigger yacht market (redundant chiller systems etc.). I’d def consider putting one in when my next unit dies - their shop is in Fort Lauderdale which is helpful for me.

Good to know. I’ll have to look for them at the Miami show this weekend. Curious who represents them in Long Island ny as well