Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Salon inswing to slider door conversion series 1 45' conv

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Great looking job. The rotten bulkhead project is in my future. My sliding tract is on the inside. If you do a tackle locker the door has to slide behind it.
    I looked at interior location for the door but the arrangement wouldn't work with what I wanted inside. funny that when someone hears one has a 45' boat they say oh so big. When it comes to actual space inside a 45' boat, it's not so big so I have to always make trade offs. The cockpit storage is still being worked out in my mind. Thanks for the compliment.

Excellent work. I have thought about doing the exact opposite on my 46C. The slider works great until the track gets wet then it is very difficult to move. It doesnt take much water for very long. I don't think it is swelling the wood as it starts binding immediately when wet. To complicate things I have a live well next to the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Excellent work. I have thought about doing the exact opposite on my 46C. The slider works great until the track gets wet then it is very difficult to move. It doesnt take much water for very long. I don't think it is swelling the wood as it starts binding immediately when wet. To complicate things I have a live well next to the door.
    The main reason we decided to eliminate the swing door was that whoever sat on the couch when the door was open got a huge door in their face. Interesting problem with the swelling, we don't have any issues like that and I'm not shy hosing things down. The door was painted/varnished on all six sides though and the mortices for the sheaves were primed and one coat as well then bowling alley wax on back sides of sheaves, screws and springs . Only issue I've found is in the winter, if the shrink cover isn't on yet and heavy snow lands on the track it can freeze and you can't get in.

i like your salon chairs, do you like them? comfortable? do you know the brand or model ?
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    i like your salon chairs, do you like them? comfortable? do you know the brand or model ?
    Yes, extremely comfortable. They are Lazyboy Harbor town recliners. I actually just purchased two new chairs to replace those two currently in the boat. Lazyboy has changed the design a bit, more rounded arms and a puffier look, actual leather instead of ultra leather. I prefer the old look more but the new chairs are even more comfortable than the old ones. Nearly lay you out flat fully reclined. If you fall asleep in one for an extended time you don't wake up sore. Highly recommended.

is that the new ones in the pics or the old ones?
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

old chairs.