Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Washing Machine Plumbing 1984 43" MY

Hello All: Does anyone know if the washing machine connections are "hard" plumbed in with copper or are they just hoses like a residential installation. I have to take the "walls" out just to see. If it is hard plumbed I might just leave well enough alone, but changing 40 year old hoses is well overdue!

Many thanks in advance,

Mark
    Americana

Re: Washing Machine Plumbing 1984 43" MY

hatteras was good about making access panels to get to stuff like this. look in a closet or somewhere behind or on side of the units. on my 58 yf the plumbing is all copper with valves to hook hoses too just like a house
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Thanks, I'll look closer again, but suspect on my 43' the wall panels have to come out. If they are hoses , it is a time bomb because I assume they are pressurized all the time. I see no access for valves
    like a residential. Thanks again, Mark

P.S. any 43' aft cabin folks ever replaced these hoses?

if i remember right the W/D is in the master claset on the 43? if so look behind the couch in the salon or possibly in the engine room on the back wall
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    if i remember right the W/D is in the master claset on the 43? if so look behind the couch in the salon or possibly in the engine room on the back wall
    We had a drip from ours ('85 43'). I do not rememner the specifics of the wall to washer connection but it may have been hard, without hoses. I recall having the narrow side panel out which didn't leave much room to work.
    IIRC the water connection was below the level of the salon floor. Going in from the front would require removing steps and etc.. The water came up from the bilge directly below.
    Regards
    Dan

Many, Many thanks!!! I'll look behind the towel closet for access. There is a small access panel on the port side going up the stairs into the salon, but nowhere near enough space to replace the hoses.

That port side wall is what probably has to come out. Looking at the washer from the front, that would be wall on the port side going up the stairs.

I would think the washer would be pressurized whenever the dockside water is on. Scary.

Mark

The interiors of '85 and '84 were probably a mirror image of each other. I know I had both panels off and the washer dryer apart before I was able to review everything. It was a chore!
    Regards
    Dan

Thanks guys....looks like my most important tool will be patience!!! Ughh

Another reason why you always shut off the dock water when leaving, but even the residual would cause a mess