Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Backup Gas Generator

If you decide to safely use a portable gasoline generator do yourself a favor and buy a Honda. That will eliminate all carb issues. I used a small inverter type generator a few years ago while on a trip, I could put it on shore, enough for battery charging, lights and microwave.

Walt Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    If you decide to safely use a portable gasoline generator do yourself a favor and buy a Honda. That will eliminate all carb issues. I used a small inverter type generator a few years ago while on a trip, I could put it on shore, enough for battery charging, lights and microwave.

Walt Hoover
    I second this. I had a power catamaran with outboards. We had a Honda EU3000 we would use for overnight trips to run the one a/c unit and a couple of lights. Took multiple salt sprays and the plastic housing kept it dry. Thing would run all night on a tank of fuel and was quiet. We used it for about 4 years and I think the guy that has the boat now still uses it.

1300 KW?? You gonna sell back on the grid?
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults