Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Sanitation system replacement questions??

In 1988 it should have been a PVC drop tube
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Can anyone tell me where is the Vent Filter Located?
    Changeable?

Thx.
    PJT

”GRACE”
    1980 53’ Hatteras MY

Quote Originally Posted by PJT View Post
    Can anyone tell me where is the Vent Filter Located? Changeable? Thx.
    My vent line is 1 1/4 "and never had a filter..
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Vent filter made a huge difference for our neighbors and those in our small boat hip-tied to the stbd side (vent side). Google Big Orange Filter - it is easy to connect. Or you could make your own with a section of 2"-4" diameter PVC with caps then drill holes and connect hose barbs. The filter media is really just activated carbon from a fish tank filter - you can buy a big bag at a pet store for $15 or so.

Thank You!
    PJT

”GRACE”
    1980 53’ Hatteras MY

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    No matter what you do, don't drink the Peggy whatshername Kool aid with the white fancy hoses. It just doesn't work.
    Well I am not sure if your talking about the new Raritan Sani-Flex hose or the old Sealand/Domestic hose? They are both white. I just about have all my old hose out and It consisted of 1988 Sealand and Some new Raritan in my ER that I put in about a year ago. The old Sealand was far cleaner on the inside making me concerned about the Raritan hose with it's already dark and light buildup of waste. Regardless I need to decide and move on.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's