Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rough Day

Rough Day

Broke down in Boca, input shaft flange off the trans separated,cracked my strainer then hit the rear exhaust pipepulling it off the muffler. We anchoerd in Lake Wyman,woke up to find we dragged anchor for a lovely soft grounding. Oh, and the $1850.00 circulation pump i just replaced 2 days ago.....is leaking from the weephole.I will fix all today except the water pump. But all are safe and thats what matters.

Re: Rough Day

Best of luck on this.... hope you have towing insurance etc.

How did that happen? Did you hit something?

Very lucky. 🍀
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I splash end of February after repairs and upgrades. Everything will be perfect when I leave. Except the broken things that have not notified me yet they are broken! 😁😁😁
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Got er done it'll get me home where i can really give her some love.0

Your 64 have V drives?
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by ESCAPE PLAN View Post
    Broke down in Boca, input shaft flange off the trans separated,cracked my strainer then hit the rear exhaust pipepulling it off the muffler. We anchoerd in Lake Wyman,woke up to find we dragged anchor for a lovely soft grounding. Oh, and the $1850.00 circulation pump i just replaced 2 days ago.....is leaking from the weephole.I will fix all today except the water pump. But all are safe and thats what matters.
    WRT the pump and the weephole, is there back pressure in that loop? I had an issue of that sort with the raw water pumps so I boiled out the systems. That resolved the issue.
    Regards
    Dan

Yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mapes View Post
    WRT the pump and the weephole, is there back pressure in that loop? I had an issue of that sort with the raw water pumps so I boiled out the systems. That resolved the issue.
    the water pump started leaking before i finished filling with initial
    coolant. Contacted the vendor and they are making it right.