Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Par Pressure Switch location

1985 61MY 3/4 full warning lights all 4 illuminate constantly. Trying to locate the par pressure switch. I can see the location where the tube exits the holding tank but because of the location (behind the aft generator) I can’t get to it to trace the tube.I have checked all hatches in generator room, forward bilge area and starboard bilge area with no luck…The search continues
    1985 61MY #369 / Redonna Gail / N Myrtle Beach SC

Re: Par Pressure Switch location

On my 67 cmy, the holding tank is the farthest forward tank. Port side forward of the forward generator (almost to the fwd bulkhead) is where the copper tube protrudes to a diaphragm pressure switch. A bit inboard of the stringer / shelf for the compressor / condenser skids. Sam’s has replacement tubes and pressure switches.

One our 61 MY , the switch is in the forward bilge , aft bulkhead, upper starboard side .
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

Quote Originally Posted by firbanks View Post
    On my 67 cmy, the holding tank is the farthest forward tank. Port side forward of the forward generator (almost to the fwd bulkhead) is where the copper tube protrudes to a diaphragm pressure switch. A bit inboard of the stringer / shelf for the compressor / condenser skids. Sam’s has replacement tubes and pressure switches.
    Thank you…. I have been all over/under the generator room to no avail. I can locate the tube exiting the tank (again located just aft of the aft generator). With limited access between generator and aft bulkhead I can trace the tube about a foot only…. It appears to run along the bulkhead towards starboard side and then I lose it…. I have checked the mid head sump area, starboard bilge, all cabinets in washer/dryer area with no luck. Stairs from lower companionway to “office” formerly crew mess are solid, no storage. Possibly in the washer/dryer access area which you enter from under former crew galley table? I have been in there a couple of times and don’t recall seeing anything, but at the time wasn’t looking for it either.

Quote Originally Posted by jmooney View Post
    One our 61 MY , the switch is in the forward bilge , aft bulkhead, upper starboard side .
    I will check there…. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jmooney View Post
    BINGO, JACKPOT, you are the BOMB!!! Unfortunately it disintegrated (Bottom was rusted out) when I touched it. Any thoughts on locating a replacement?

I do have a WEMA sender and gauge installed to monitor the system which works great. Just my OCD says if it's on the boat, I want it to work, sooooo I have 4 lights in heads that stay on all the time (of course bulbs are removed currently) so we are not in the "Red Light District"...

Quote Originally Posted by skinners1 View Post
    BINGO, JACKPOT, you are the BOMB!!! Unfortunately it disintegrated (Bottom was rusted out) when I touched it. Any thoughts on locating a replacement?
    The exact switch is no longer available, Sam’s has a replacement .
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

I have installed a Maretron ultrasonic tank monitor on top of the holding tank by taking a plug out of the tee that hooks to the pump out hose . Works great. I still have the 3/4 light working, but the monitor lets you see where you are as the tank is filling. Also you can push the tank after the light comes on , but stop short of over filling.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

Quote Originally Posted by skinners1 View Post
    I do have a WEMA sender and gauge installed to monitor the system which works great. Just my OCD says if it's on the boat, I want it to work, sooooo I have 4 lights in heads that stay on all the time (of course bulbs are removed currently) so we are not in the "Red Light District"...
    There is a fuse for those lights. You have to open the 32v ships service. Its inside the panel above the breakers. You'll see it on your schematics.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI