Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

JIM! Is blue crab available in January?

Trying to figure out eats for the weekend. Camping in Annapolis Friday till Monday, on the road working. Trying to figure out if we can do the blue crabs now. Not sure what the local deal is during the winter. Either way in town for foosball and good eats over the weekend. Any recommendations are appreciated. Show up and lunch/drinks are on me.
    Last edited by madhatter1; 01-17-2024 at 10:23 PM.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Re: JIM! Is blue crab available in January?

You could try the local joints- Cantler's and Buddy's, they will have them if anyone does. Here are some recommendations on restaurants in Annapolis:

Where locals go- Davis's Pub in Eastport, on Chester Avenue. Daily specials, very much a local hangout.
    Fine dining: Chart House, Lewnes's (steak houses)
    Italian: Little Italy on Forest Drive
    Southern: Julep Southern Kitchen (don't know their address but there's only one of them)
    The local diner, the Double T, is pretty awful, but they are okay on breakfast. And desserts.
    Paul's Homewood Cafe is a local institution since the 40s, 900 block of West Street, relaxed fine dining, excellent food, highly recommended.

Others of note:
    Mexican: El Toro Bravo, on Riva Road, is pretty good.
    Jalapeno's is also very good.

I'll PM you my mobile number.

Very cool. Much appreciated. I have 2 crews starting their next sites and based on how they handle that (crappy buildings so worse it is the more they need guidance from me) I'll get a feel for free time. In any case I will be somewhere Sunday to watch my Bucs either get a dose of reality or somehow pull off another win.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Jim, it was great meeting up with you. I did find the blue crab for lunch. I ended up back here at Julep to watch the first half of the game and more of the fantastic corn and crab chowder. Back to work tomorrow.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Great meeting you, too. Good luck on your trip this summer- I'm a bit envious.