Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new hatteras boats

looks like hatteras is coming out with 3 new models in the fall of 2024. a 48 with outboards a 66 and a 77 sportfisherman.. i just saw an add for gulf coast yacht group, formerly gulf coast hatteras.. tim jones can you share any more?
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Re: new hatteras boats

Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

There's a teaser on their web site, hinting at new models, but no photos. If anyone knows, please post.

I hope hatteras is not going to have the same employees that make the entry level bass boats make the Hatteras models. I don’t see that working very well.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    There's a teaser on their web site, hinting at new models, but no photos. If anyone knows, please post.
    Plenty of photos at my link above.
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

Guess I'm confused, didn't see any photos of new models other than some computer generated images. Johnny Morris etal has destroyed every boat brand he's taken over, and pretty quickly as well. They've basically eliminated all of the shipwrights and management that knows anything about building yacht quality boats in New Bern. I do know they've brought in a lot of subcontractors to build and or finish their boats. The model how to build high quality boats in the USA is in New Gretna, NJ. Viking knocked off Hatteras's production methods decades ago, now it's time for Hatteras to emulate Viking. How sad.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

The 70, 65 and 59 models have been offered by Hatteras for a few years, now, I think. I believe these boats have been in the model lineup for a while. I glimpsed a boat with outboards, but I can't recall where I saw it- I don't think it was on Gulf Coast's site, but I could be wrong. I emailed Hatteras asking about new boat designs, but I have not heard back yet.

The production convertible market belongs to Viking, who went to a lot of trouble to capture it while Hatteras was wandering around in the dark with their eyes shut. 'Sad' doesn't describe it; Hatteras Yachts invented these boats, basically, and dominated the market for ages. It reminds me of watching the English motorcycle industry dry up and vanish while Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki took it over. (and Kawasaki, who were I think a bit late to the party but made up for it)

I hope Hatteras can win back enough market share to stay alive and maintain the name and the quality. For this I am praying and crossing my fingers, both.

It has taken a while for the NEW Bertram company to be accepted as a "fair" boat to start. NO, They have no rite to be called "Bertram" but it seems to be a decent boat these later days.
    At least these guys had nothing to do with the original Bertram Company down fall....

But now, These new Hatt owner "pukes" dissolved the last Hatt company, disposed of the molds, really dumped on the original employee count and built more Ass Botes. Just what we needed more of.
    Now these same pukes state they are going to R&D and build 3 new models this year??

Their current work force high tech employee holds a chopper gun. Just what you want building your next big Hatterass SF??

Somebody please prove me wrong.
    ,c

Ralph that is some of what I was getting at in post about the same employees building bass boats as well as Hatterasas. Don’t know if that will be the case but if they have gotten rid of the old talent and experience I don’t see them building a Hatteras quality product atleast not in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by motoryacht lover View Post
    Ralph that is some of what I was getting at in post about the same employees building bass boats as well as Hatterasas. Don’t know if that will be the case but if they have gotten rid of the old talent and experience I don’t see them building a Hatteras quality product atleast not in the beginning.
    I did not mean to under play your comment but to agree and expand a bit.
    Without a "like" or "agree" button, we do repeat some ideas & thoughts from time to time in this forum.